1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List your top 10

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Nolen, May 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

This is in no particular order. I'm assuming first of all that

Martin
    Swift
    Mihm
    Fizer

all go top four. After that, these six will go:

Alexander
    Miles
    Miller
    D. Johnson
    Moiso
    Barkley

again, not in that order, depends on the lottery order which will be decided Sunday.

The reason I'm curious to see the consensus top 10 is this: if we stay pat at 9, we're going to get one of those players after the top four! I really think that the players could go in almost any order after 4. That means any one of the five after them could be ours, and they all look like very good players.

[This message has been edited by Nolen (edited May 15, 2000).]

2. MManal

MManal Member

From the looks of it, Joel Pryzbilla's stock is rising, and he could very well end up being a top 8 pick. This is very good news for Rockets fans if true as it would push someone like Moiso to the Rockets if they cannot trade up or move up in the draft. At first when I heard this, I pretty much laughed it off. However, yesterday I read an article on hoopstv.com about Pryzbilla's traning regiment for the draft. Apparently his agent sent him to some camp in San Francisco where he has bulked up 16 pounds and has been working with a coach on his offensive moves. If all this is true then he could oossibly move into the top 8. I personally think whoever picks him that high (Im pencilling him in to the Nets at 7th overall if they pick there) will really regret it.

The top 6 players in the draft appear to be Martin, Mihm, Swift, Fizer in no particular order as the top 4 and the next 2 being Miller and Miles. This could change some depending on the lottery, but if those are the first 6 chosen and Pryzbilla goes next, then the Rockets are in real good shape. Jerome Moiso and DerMarr Johnson would still be left on the board.

Also, the two major European players Iakovos Tskalidis and Olumide Oyedeji could very well move into the lottery. Tskalidis has drawn some attention from the Celtics as he is a 7-2 center that can rebound, defend and run the floor well. Oyedeji I am thinking will end up being picked by the Mavs. We all know how much Nellie loves European players, and Olumide would give them the size, rebounding and defense they sorely lack in the frontcourt.

If things break in this way, it could be very good news for the Rockets if they receive Detroit's pick. If Oyedeji and Tsakalidis moved into the lottery, that would push out Morris Peterson and Quentin Richardson. Imagine getting one of them in addition to a player like Jerome Moiso. It will be interesting next Sunday to see how the lottery balls bounce.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

3. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

assuming that LA goes 1 Bulls 2 and Orlando 3
    then here is my guess
    K-Mart
    Mihm
    Swift
    Griz-Fizer
    Hawks-DJ
    Bulls-Dooling
    Nets-Joel P
    Cavs-Alexander
    Rocks-Miller
    Magic-Moiso
    Celts-Miles trade to Mavs
    Mavs-7'2 Greek stiff trade to Celts
    Magic-Eric Barkley
    Rocks-Olumide Oyededji
    Bucks-Etan Thomas
    Kings-Mo Pete

------------------
    ***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Assuming there are no draft day trades, and that the lottery stays in the order it is now in, here's how I think it might go:

<OL> First Round

[*] LAC - Kenyon Martin
    [*] Chicago - Chris Mihm
    [*] Orlando - Stromile Swift
    [*] Vancouver - Marcus Pfizer
    [*] Atlanta - Mike Miller
    [*] Chicago - Courtney Alexander
    [*] NJ Nets - Joel Prysbilla
    [*] Cleveland - Iakovos Tsakalidis
    [*] Houston - Darius Miles
    [*] Orlando - Quinten Richardson
    [*] Boston - Eric Barkley
    [*] Dallas - Jerome Moiso
    [*] Orlando - Olumide Oyedeji
    [*] Detroit - Etan Thomas
    [*] Milwaukee - Donnell Harvey
    [*] Sacramento - DerMarr Johnson
    [*] Seattle - Morris Peterson
    [*] LAC - Mateen Cleaves
    [*] Charlotte - Chris Carrawell
    [*] Philadelphia - Hanno Mottola
    [*] Toronto - Kenyon Dooling
    [*] New York - Jason Collier
    [*] Utah - Michael Redd
    [*] Chicago - DeShawn Stevenson
    [*] Phoenix - Desmond Mason
    [*] Utah - Ernest Brown
    [*] Golden State - Soumaila Samake
    [*] Portland - JaRon Rush
    [*] LA Lakers - Scoonie Penn

Second Round

[*] LAC - Corey Hightower
    [*] Dallas - Mamadou N'diaye
    [*] Chicago - Jason Kapono
    [*] Chicago - Mario Austin
    [*] Chicago - Jamaal Magliore
    [*] Washington - Chris Porter
    [*] New Jersey - Mark Madsen
    [*] Denver - Jamal Crawford
    [*] Houston - Jabari Smith

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nolen -- man you and I think alike... I always try to think of 9 players I would love to draft ... knowing we would be a lock to get atleast one of them. I'm not playing the "List 10" game too well (I'm listing 14) because for me it's hard to pick 3 specifically after the first 6-7 players.

<ul>
    [*] Kenyon Martin
    [*] Stromile Swift
    [*] Marcus Fizer
    [*] Chris Mihm
    [*] Mike Miller
    [*] Darius Miles
    [*] Jerome Moiso
    [*] Courtney Alexander
    [*] DerMarr Johnson
    [*] Keyon Dooling
    [*] Joel Przybilla
    [*] Erick Barkley
    [*] Morris Peterson
    [*] Quentin Richardson
    [/list]

Richardson, Barkley, Alexander, Dooling and Przybilla (especially) are all guys, in my mind, that would be a bonus if they went anywhere in the 5-8 range (meaning before our pick).

I expect the Top 4 to be the 4 main guys you listed, then atleast Miles somewhere in the 5-8 range. Would Miller slide down to us? Don't know.... but I don't think he will. It all depends though on the order of picks that will be determined this Sunday.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET