1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard better than Harden?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 9, 2016.

?

Who gets us more wins?

1. Harden

69.1%
  2. Lillard

30.9%
  1. BackdoorHarden

Wow. 75% of Clutchfans take Hardon over Lilly.

Clutchfans = Knowledgeable fans

Like Harden2Capella = "Curry get light skin treatment. Harden, you da real MVP"

2. Asian Sensation

One things for certain. You'll never see Lillard haters like this on a Blazers board. Also, Dame is like a god here in Portland and has the full support of the city. You won't find many haters if any at all. Or people that think Harden is better than him for that matter...Except maybe myself and a handful of other Rockets fans that live here. Also, ain't nobody in Portland trading Lillard for Harden. With all that said I still think Harden is better but it's definitely debatable. The gap which was a lot bigger at the end of last year has become a lot smaller. The next 2-3 years will be interesting.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Coupled with Harden's laziness and coming into training camp fat, he might have a BMI on par with Morey.

The gap widens and some of us will look back and shine on the time we thought Harden was 1337

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden by a mile and it isn't as close as people think.

Harden is third for estimated wins added to a team at 23.1.....Lillard is at 15.0

Hardens numbers are better at nearly everything apart from three point shooting.

Lillard's shooting in the post season has been pretty bad, shooting under 40 percent from the field

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Harden has been awful in the playoffs. I don't care what anyone says. Regular season doesn't count. Whatever you do in the playoffs is what is most important. It's the only thing that is important.

In Harden's past 15 playoffs games he has shot a poor 38.5 FG percentage and 34.6% from three. Averaging 24.7 points on about 21 shots per game, but chucking 8.7 threes a game. Dude is inefficient as hell. And you want to know the worst thing about him? His defense. It's gross as hell. Dude has a drtg of 112. I don't care what anyone says.

He's won TWO playoff series. Just TWO. And he's been here since 2012-2013 and all he's done is win TWO playoff series. He is a clown. I'd easily trade Harden for someone who could at least win three playoff series.

You want to know the funniest thing? We already know Harden is a terrible defensive player, but it's mind blowing how terrible he is. So the only real reason he's on the court is because he's a "threat" offensively right? Well comparing his on-offs the Rockets are actually better offensively by 3.6 points LMAO. "But, but, but Harden has no help!!" Lmao clown ass Harden defenders.

This is the funny part though. When he's on the court the team lets the opponent score 109 points per 100 possessions. Garbage. But when he's off the court the opponent only scores 98 points per 100 possessions!! The team is literally better when he is on the bench. Game 6 2015 anybody?

Hahaha Harden is such an inefficient no defense playing chucker. I'd trade him for Lillard any day of the week. He plays with heart.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Careful...

The truth is a dangerous thing for those that wish to remain ignorant.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Fareal. All these Harden apologist. The numbers are clear. The numbers I just posted are absolutely garbage. I'd hate to be associated to those numbers. The bad thing about it? He doesn't even show any shame. He lives with it like it's nothing. All the criticism and nada.This is what people want out of their star player? LOL. The truth hurts.

8. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

It's not either/or, there's so many aspects of a player.

Harden will always be able to score more effectively than Lillard just due to his size. The same goes for defense, if he "tried" of course he'd be a better defender, but he also plays a different position.

That said, Lillard has him beat in a lot of other important categories, leadership, effort, work ethic, and mental toughness (clutch).

Yeah you can't measure that stuff, but that's because you can't look into someone's head, and a decision can be made every second. So you look at his actions, the consistency of his actions, and how his teammates view him and play on the court.

He elevated a team of cast offs and nobodies into the 2nd round, and he wasn't even recognized as an all-star this year. This was supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Give me Lillard, who continues to get better and bring another level out of each of his teammates, than an MVP candidate who brings down all of his teammates.

The biggest crock I've ever seen, "Why did all of Harden's teammates suck this year?" If you've ever dealt with various human beings in your life and in the work place, you'd know that they probably don't enjoy playing with him, and a couple of them have already said as much.

Lol you guys and your stats. Btw I know this isn't about Harden anymore, but more so the fan's attachment to Harden, so consider this an attack on your fragile egos.

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

Who said as much?

10. ballhandling

ballhandling Member

They have a player who can score 20 pts per game, CJ McCollum.
    We don't have.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sky is the limit for Lillard, should be younger and has a projected higher ceiling than Harden if he works hard on his game

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I don't get how Lillard is such a good leader. Is good leader is supposed to be able to get his team to be composed during the game and lead them to victory. What Lillard did tonight was the opposite. They had a lead to win the game with less than a minute left. This is before Curry got hot. Curry was already dangerous, but he wasn't is full Curry mode. The Blazers had the chance to win the game, but instead they all started playing even worse defense then they were playing and they all were taking ill advised shots. A real leader would have gotten his troops to rally together and had his guys play with confidence. I saw the worse bricks ever during the ending of this game, and then it turned into an iso game with Lillard or CJ jist bricking threes. You had Aminu who was having a good game just lose all confidence and miss badly. Plumlee was scared to death to shoot the ball.

These guys were not led. They were all scrambling with no plan. A real leader doesn't let his team mates do this. I can understand if it was the very last possession with no timeouts, but this was an extended period of just some real bad basketball. Honestlt.. and this is going to hurt to say... but it was as if I were watching the Rockets play out there during the end of the game.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This belongs to the realm of myth - just one leader

You do need more than just one leader. Leader on Offense, leader on Defense

Coach should be a leading factor, GM should be the leader in the office

14. Harden's beard

Why do you start from last 15 games? that seems awfully random. Why not last 10 games or last 20 games? For instance, in the last 20 playoff games, Harden is averaging 27.3 points per game on FG 43.1% and 3PT 37.2%. Same random cutoff which makes Harden look much better. Your agenda is clear here.

Harden's career TS% in the playoffs is 59.1%. TS% is the hallmark of efficiency and it only drops 1.4% in the playoffs compared to the regular season. That's not unusual since in the playoffs the defense gets much more tighter. And 59.1 TS% is actually very efficient for any player, and certainly better than Lillard's 54.2%

Here are other notable players' TS% in the playoffs

Stephen Curry 59.3%
    Lebron James 56.5%
    Kevin Durant 57.8%
    Chris Paul 58.4%
    Russell Westbrook 51.7%
    Kyle Lowry 47.1%
    Demar DeRozan 45.6%

If Harden is inefficient, then basically no one can be called efficient anymore. Certainly not guys like Lillard, WB Lowry or DeRozan.

Also, Harden has a career 108 Drtg and has gotten over 112 mark only once in the playoffs during his entire career. At least get your facts right. Lillard's has a career 114 Drtg which is much worse than Harden's.

Harden has won two playoff series in which Houston was not the underdog. We lost to OKC in 2012-2013 and we were the underdog. We lost to GSW in 2014-2105 and 2015-2016 where in both cases we were the underdog. We got only upset once by Portland in 2013-2014. Do you know how many other so called great players lost to teams with lesser playoff seed? Go have a look at CP3's record. Hakeem lost 5 straight playoff series during stretches of 86-87 ~ 90-91. Maybe you also should have advocated trading Hakeem away then.

And again, you on/off numbers are way off. We are actually +14.2 offensively when Harden is on the court in the playoff games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01/on-off/

That's a huge difference.

Defensively, when Harden is on the court we give away 109.7 points per 100 possession and when he is off, we give away 106.5 points per possession. So, slight disadvantage there, but that is still net +11.1 rating for Harden. In contrast, Lillard's net rating is +7.8 in the playoffs and his team gives away more points than Harden's when Lillard is on the court (111.4 points per possession)

Every single evidence suggests Harden >> Lillard offensively AND defensively.

At least do your research right before engaging in false attacks and lies.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Quit making excuses dude. Lillard is good, but he isn't that good. He's a year and one month younger than Harden. I don't get what a GM had to do with leadership on the court when the team has the lead with a minute left in the 4th.

Like I really dont want to come off like if im a Lillard hater since I'm not, but it's just weird the excuses and passes he gets for doing the same if not worse thing than what many other players do in the league.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

@harden's beard

You're right. My numbers are completely wrong. You'll NEVER guess who they belong to though.

Definitely not Damian Lillard's. He has HEART!

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's 11 months younger and is already far behind Harden in terms of career accomplishments.

Tick tock, Damien.

"daywalker02" has big expectations for which 9-30 and another loss aren't going to suffice.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Damn, forgot all about those Harden accomplishments. SamFisher with the regular reminder folks!

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You live in an alternate universe don't you?

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Fish is the basketball messiah. Shutyurmouh'