1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Librals think the "okay" hand gesture is white symbol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 4, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh sorry, I didn't realize he was telling everyone he was ok.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Random tangent -

Okay is actually a phonetic version of the letters OK that people spell out, like Katy is for the KT Railway, or the Kansas-Texas Railway.

The letters OK are an abbreviation of Oll Korrect. As in "all correct" but misspelled.

In like the 1820's or 1830's there was a fad in New England where people thought is was hilarious to misspell abreviations of common words. If you lived in New England in the 1820's you'd look for fun wherever you could find it, too.

It survived, while the rest of the "witty" abreviations died out, Because Martin Van Buren adopted it as a nickname during a campaign and it gave it that little extra critical mass to hang around.

#63 Ottomaton, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  4. body slam

body slam Member

from the looks of his situation I think he is showing everyone his girlfriend or maybe boyfriend.

but when you do the okay do you do it fingers up or down?

5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Can we just all agree that anyone who flashes that hand sign now is a troll and trying to get people riled up. Honestly who gives a ****. Even if it is gang related they are r****ded for flashing gang signs. They cannot be taken seriously either way.

At this point, anyone who does it is definitely trolling. Just ignore it.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Neither.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

No, I am not going to change the way I use hand gestures because some idiot may think I'm a troll. I don't let hysteria dictate my actions. The a-okay symbol is still a-okay to me.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Doing it now amongst friends is fine. Because they know who you are and your intentions. But doing it on camera in public right now is trollish.

9. Svpernaut

No, expecting someone to change their behaviour because of overly sensitive idiots and their outrage culture is ridiculous. Being offended is subjective, and it is a choice. Not changing my ways doesn't make me a troll, it makes me an American.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Dude, it’s just a freaking hand sign that says OK. What is the difference between that and the thumbs up? Or the head nod, or the many other languages in sign that indicate I got you.

Everyone knows if you flash that sign out publicly on camera or in a photo then you are looking to get a reaction. That is the bare minimum I will say and that is reflective of troll behavior. They really just want attention. Why is it I had no idea who any of the persons who signed it before were except Trump?

This is probably the most pointless discussion i have engaged in this year.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

Svpernaut likes this.
  13. Svpernaut

I didn't sign up for for this hypersensitive social r****dation. That's on them, not me. To me, and to millions of other intelligent Americans, those people making a mockery out of society by trying to skew it into this idiotic gender-fluid bullshit are the trolls. Conforming to their bullshit validates their idiotic views... ask Europe how that turned out in the mid 20th century.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. Svpernaut

Clearly a racist troll!

Yeah, and WE'RE the irrational ones.

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

The lady that lady was flashing it in court, don’t you think that was a little trollish?

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Clearly fine.

17. Svpernaut

No, I think she was doing what she wanted to, which was her god-given right. That's the problem, you want to label people - and I refuse to conform to that idea. If someone is exercising their rights, and not hurting anyone, they are what they are - an American.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are deluding yourself if you think he is a leftist

19. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Gender fluid and all that language is weird to me too, but i honestly do not care about it.

20. Svpernaut

Who are you to make that distinction? That's the entire point. Your claim is SUBJECTIVE. Subjective has no place here, as that's a personal decision.