1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Cars

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonnyMost, May 30, 2018.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You definitely need the right color, but done correctly I think they are a big improvement -- personally i've always preferred black rims.

Sajan likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So, this is kind of a ridiculous twist this journey took for me, but I found a great deal on a used very low milage Dodge Charger R/T with all the options I've been looking for... and I pulled the trigger.

So totally not the car I expected to end up in, but it checks all my boxes and is way more power/fun than I thought I would end up affording. But here we are.

[​IMG]

sammy likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Congrats, looks great. I love red. Dodge interior materials always have always just given me a bad impression.

4. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I've always felt the same way. The build quality isn't as sharp as the Honda for sure, but it does have plenty of creature comforts. The 2015 redesign did a lot to improve the interior. I'm worried about reliability ratings as well, but if it blows up on me, I can damn sure say I had fun before it died.

marky :) likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

So super duper double plot twist..

After a week with the Charger, I started to have my doubts about its long term viability both in terms of reliability/quality as well as being that "family" sedan I was looking for.

I called an Uber the other day and the guy who picked me up had a brand new Accord. I just couldn't shake being reminded of how much I loved that car when I test drove it.

When I got home out of the blue a Honda dealer called me to followup on an inquiry I had put in weeks ago. I told him about my situation, and since I was within my 5 day return window (thank you Carmax) it was still possible to make the switch. Given that the dealers only had mere hours to make the deal before I'd be locked into the Charger, dealerships were super aggressive with their pricing and I was able to get a great price on an Accord 2.0 sport. The dealer even delivered the car to me AT Carmax (over an hour away for them) so I wouldn't be stuck without a ride after dropping off the Charger.

Haven't stopped smiling since I got behind the wheel. Great car. Very happy I made the change.

[​IMG]

6. Bandwagoner

good move, Dodge is crap. FCA doesn't help. New>>>>>Used

DonnyMost likes this.
  7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I would much rather have purchased this vehicle used but oh well.

The 2018 was such a leap forward over 2017 I feel it was worth it.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Dodge to a Honda..
    Ya you are gonna appreciate the repair bills in the long term.

Me personally..i would never buy dodge/chrysler/fiat...MAYBE Jeep if I had a ton of money left over.

Other than the F150 Raptor and a Corvette..I don't have any interest in American cars.

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Let me give you guys an update on my on going Kia nightmare.

May 18th I received a call from the dealership saying that my engine had arrived and was given a time frame to expect the repairs to be finished. 2 full weeks go by without a courtesy call for an update, so I give them a ring on Monday of the 3rd week. Service manager goes to tell me that the engine never came in, that they have no idea what I'm talking about, and that they don't expect the engine in for MONTHS. At this point I'm f*cking fuming. I try to calmly tell him everything I've been told by HIS EMPLOYEES and he flat out denies that I was ever told this and pretty much tries to get me off the phone.

At this point I'm pissed so I contact Kia HQ and file a complaint so that they can start an investigation into the dealership. The Kia rep I was dealing with was pretty much clueless about any aspect on how dealerships operate or what they can do. I then get a hold of another Kia rep, they find out the engine is back ordered and will need to be shipped from South Korea and they don't have an estimated time of when to expect it. They follow up with the dealership with my complaints and pretty much tell me that any info I received previously was all due to clerical error by the service department receptionist. So being rightfully pissed with the worst costumer service I have ever received, I go on to explain how Texas lemon laws work. Kia HQ immediately changes tune and basically starts trying to kiss my ass. They tell me the dealership will contact me shortly and we can try to resolve the issues I've been having.

Dealership then calls me trying to apologize, but you can hear the the service manager biting his f*cking tongue throughout it. Telling me that they'll be throwing in all this extra crap, upgraded my free rental, etc...

Pretty much just sitting here waiting for this ******* car to be repaired so that I can go ahead and turn around and sell it.

Fair warning to anyone even contemplating buying Kia, Stay the Hell Away.

And if any of you shop at the Community family of dealership in Houston, Run the F*ck Away.

I've had nothing but extremely poor costumer service through this dealership, and I'm not the only person I know. My father bought my younger brother a vehicle from this same damn dealership a few years back and had the sales manager fired for telling him he didn't qualify for the sale because he made up some **** about my fathers income on his paper work. Basically trying to force him for a larger down payment, even though my father was financing the entire vehicle purchase through his bank.

Sorry for the long rant.

For all you TLDR; Don't buy Kia or shop at any Community family dealerships in Houston. You will get f*cked over by them at some point.

Rox11 likes this.
  10. Bandwagoner

Did you get any more info about what the deal is with these engines and how big of a problem it is? Search Kia communities?

11. KingCheetah

Bullet dodged.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

They kept a type lip. Pretty much said that it's just "random" and they don't know of any on going problems with this engine platform. They wondered why I was asking and I explained to them the long queue my vehicle is in to be serviced with vehicles of similar issues and they acted like that couldn't possibly be right. They probably don't want someone probing them on some underlying issue that may end up causing some type of large recall or class action against them.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Within the next year I'm looking at Subaru Outback or Forester vs. VW Alltrack (cheap because they're being sold $5k below MSRP...thanks scandal) vs a truck.

Go!

15. KingCheetah

Do not buy a VW.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thread title clearly states "cars" but here you all are talking about one car you own or want to own.

Poverty.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Subaru for sure. I was looking to buy my mom a Forester before she went off and bought a Camry on her own. Now she complains that she doesnt have enough cargo space. I was so mad that she couldnt wait a little longer. Also, the Forester is all new and upgraded for 2019.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I love my Forester. The Outback is just a little too long and wagon-like for me. The Outback is about 2" shorter than the Forester and 9" longer. Wait until late July - October if you want to score a clearance deal on the previous year's models.

Also, if you're comfortable with it, many people have had good experiences ordering a car online from the Colorado Springs Subaru dealer.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Do you have to pay any fees to return a car to Carmax?

20. KingCheetah

You're welcome to talk about your Pontiac Aztec if you'd like.