1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'll be shocked (yet again) if BU beats Creighton.

And, yes, traditionally the selection committee looks at momentum...particularly on the heels of a game where Baylor won it's 8th in 9 games and handled Texas pretty thoroughly.

2. MadMax

PLEASE WIN!

SIC 'EM!!!!

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'll take a sweet 16 birth. Let's do this

4. MadMax

Looked damn good on defense

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Surprise!! :p

Sic 'em!!!!!

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Bear down, fellas...

7. MadMax

Love it!!! I can't think of a time any one of my teams shocked me this much. I'm done saying anything bad about Scott Drew. If I do it again, just link me to this post.

Sic 'Em!!!!!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Scott Drew is the greatest shooting coach in NCAA history. ;) Seriously, if your team makes 2 out of every 3 shots, from wherever they take them on the court, it doesn't matter what plays you draw up. LOL.

Congrats to Baylor!

9. MadMax

Defense was huge last night. I'm with you on the offensive end of the ball...the team was hot.

But this is 3 Sweet Sixteen appearances in 5 years...that's pretty damn good. It's borderline miraculous when you consider what the program was when he inherited it.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Absolutely. I graduated in 2004, so seeing this resurgence is really awesome. Superb performances by so many guys on both ends of the floor last night, but I found Heslip and Austin especially fun to watch. And don't want to send this spiraling in the direction of the D&D forum, but this is just flat-out awesome:

Today I was honored to watch 5 of my brothers accept Jesus Christ as their LORD and SAVIOR and get baptized. Extremely happy to call them my brothers and can't wait for is all to grow not only as men but as servants of God together! #blessed

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/k3A0L-AUo6/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Elite 8. NIT Final. Elite 8. NIT Final. ?

I was kinda messing around when I posted this earlier in the thread..can't believe it's a possibility. I think we have a good shot at upsetting Wisconsin. Arizona may be tough. Will another #1 take us down in the Elite 8 and win a title? Put your money on AZ if this happens.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hello Garbage!

Well, Hell has officially frozen over. You know that I hate each and every one of you, but I must admit that I really like this particular Baylor team. I'm not even kidding. Austin might be the most intriguing big man in the NCAA and I think his game is the key to everything. Pairing his skill set with that wormy little sharpshooter on the outside is just deadly and damn fun to watch. They got red hot at exactly the right time and I think they could beat anyone right now. I think I'm actually OK with that this year. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Your friend,

-Hank

PS- I'll check back from time to time...

13. MadMax

How much of this sentiment is because the Bears and Aggies don't play each other at all anymore? Hard to work up any animosity at this point, honestly...

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

None actually. I dislike Baylor just as much as I ever did. Well. Just about as much as I ever did...

We had fun. Adios!

-Hank

PS- I'll check back from time to time.

15. MadMax

Awesome. And by awesome, I mean totally sweet.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are you having to miss tomorrow night? DVRing it?

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Congrats on the great finish to the season Bears fans .. Hoping you win tomorrow as Ive got tix to the Elite 8 game hoping to watch SDSU. Im expecting AZ and Baylor to win tomorrow though.

18. Buck Turgidson

Statesman article today said that Baylor has the best NCAA postseason winning percentage over the past 6 years. That includes the NIT, but still....

19. MadMax

Yep....J has AAU practice on the other side of town. I'll follow on my phone.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The key now is not spazzing. Oregon should have beaten Wisconsin but they came unglued and blew the game when Wisconsin showed some teeth. Baylor is better than Oregon.

Just keep it together, don't give up huge runs and Wisconsin will go down.

Baylor won't beat Arizona. Anything is possible but I don't see it happening.