1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Very true. Can't argue that Jordan is raw. But I bet Howard would have been pretty nasty in the college game. To me its just strange to compare Jordan directly to posts that went straight to the NBA rather than college.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree on Jones. To think he was a potential 1st rd pick 2 seasons ago. What do you think it will take to get in? 1-1? 2-0? 1-1 and a bunch of conf tourney wins?

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If we go 1-1, we are in guaranteed with the strength of the conference this year.

Hell, Doug Gottlieb was saying we would probably get in at 0-2 with a conference tourney win ... I'm not sure I believe that, but Arkansas did make it in at 7-9 in conference in 2007.

Also have to remember that this is a weak year for Mid-Majors and the Big XII is ranking higher than it has in a long long time. The Big XII will get 5-6 in regardless of conference records.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wow you think we might get 6 in? Makes that loss to OU that much more annoying. We could have put a nail in their coffin.
    Gottlieb is my fav CBB analyst.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The most frustrating thing about Jones is that I love his grit and determination. If he had been able to play PF for a couple of years and have that comfort level, he could be the senior leadership that this team is starving for.

I think that 1-1, and one win in the conf tournament, and we're probably in. There were some brackets that had us as a 9 seed last week.

If we get in, we could advance to the sweet 16, or we could be one and done. It just depends on whether we get hot.

The scary part is how bad we have been away from Reed this year.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree about being away from home. If we make that tourney who knows what we might do on a neutral court. Jones is a frustrating situation but I kind of let it pass since he is leaving. Its Josh Carter than I feel hasn't improved as much as I expected. Statistically he is about the same, maybe a little better depending on how you analyze it. But the flashes of unstoppable scoring runs and those games where he took it strong and finished have become more rare. What happened to Carter? He only shows against weak competition now. Or is it just me?

7. Refman

It looks like Carter is a streaky player. This is the reason why we aren't going to see him playing in the NBA. When Carter is on, he takes over a game. When he is off, he couldn't throw a salmon into Puget Sound.

There just doesn't seem to be anybody on this team that is particularly consistent.

8. RocketManJosh

Big W tonight at Baylor almost all courtesy of Josh Carter showing up again. The guy just opens up the offense when he decides to play.

Way to stay classy Baylor. Throwing crap on the court all game. They were throwing bottles on the court at the previous game and the coach had to say something to the crowd from what I understand. I know its a few idiots, but they've got to figure out a way to get that stopped.

I actually really like the Baylor team and am really happy they are going to make the NCAAs, as will us and Oklahoma with our wins tonight. Thats 5 spots that have been spoken for in the Big XII. Someone else is going to have to earn that 6th spot if the Big XII should be so lucky.

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

That dunk Donald Sloan had at the end of the game was very TMAC-esque

Baylor fans sure didn't have any class there at the end of the game. Sore losers.

10. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I normally do not condone throwing trash.

But F it. I enjoyed my last game as a student just because of all the emotions. Too bad we couldn't pull it out, but time to rewatch everything on TV and assess it.

11. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Classless move by A&M on that last play but pathetic reaction by our fans. No excuse for throwing things on the floor.

12. RocketManJosh

Baylor fouled with 15 seconds left down by 12. Sorry but they wanted the game extended, Sloan extended it.

Nothing wrong with a little bad blood ;) I really look forward to a potential rematch in the 2nd round of the Tournament next Friday. Should be fun!

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Too bad it's on neutral court.

On that dunk, did your coach try to tell him to stop? It looked like he extended his arms to say something but I couldn't tell what was said.

14. RocketManJosh

I'm sure he did. As a coach, I would hope that he wouldn't condone that. Coming from a 19 year old kid in the heat of an emotional game, its just not that big of a deal.

15. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

So? His dunk when the game was decided was classless.

16. Astro101

Astro101 Member

It takes a lot to make Baylor fans classless, but admittedly so, both schools had some classless moments tonight. Onward to the final game and Big XII tourneys, guys!

17. RocketManJosh

I agree with you. Baylor fans are not Tech. There are idiots in every fanbase.

18. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Well, at least we agree on Tech fans, lol.

And at least we have the Rockets as a common bond.

19. Refman

Anytime the game is decided and A&M has the ball, Turge can usually be seen on the sidelines yelling "no!"

In the game where we blew out Tech, Turge repeatedly yelled no, but Andrew Darko almost never plays, and he wanted to score some points. In the heat of the moment, these guys want to score.

The coach says no, but the players keep playing. Not the best move...but it happens.

20. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member