1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's not lose the big picture

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Apr 28, 2013.

1. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Thank you for posting this. This is what a lot of people that come to this site need to read and understand. This teams future is bright.
    Lets go Rockets!!!

2. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

agreed

i mean, there are people in the world starving

many lost their loved ones via a pointless attack on us in Boston not too long ago

there are children with no families to turn to

youths with no proper education and forced to a life of crime

we are gonna get swept in the first round. harden is a ball hog and our team sucked the last 3 weeks . End of the day, these multi millionaire basketball players like Harden will be partying up with his Thunder buddies and Les will still enjoy his billions so no point to be down

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Love is signed for a while though.

This is why I keep saying it would be really dumb for Howard to pass on Houston for an extra 30 million if he really wants to win because for the next two years there are not any big FAs.

Unless it's by trade (who do the Lakers have to trade?) whose going to L.A

Those guys could be Melo candidates but they have to be expiring. That is how we see these trades because the team (Minny) may want a commitment but the player won't give it to them and them decides they will instead just get all they can for that player.

So right now it's either Dwight Howard or wait for the next shot at a star and that could be awhile. If we do wait we do have guys that should get better like D-mo, Robinson, Lin. Personally I like the potential of those guys but at this point it's just potential and may never amount to anything.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We made a great step this year, we're suppose to be happy with just being in the playoffs. And hopefully next year we can make another step forward.

People complaining though - smh - what did you expect? Reality is we have a long way to go before competing with the big boys. Face that we lost by 3 in two consecutive games to me is remarkable.

1 person likes this.
  5. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Words!

6. dmoneybangbang

This season we are playing with house money while simultaneously taking stock in what we have. I fully expect another off season of high turnover while Morey establishes a core and adds a PF; whether a one year rental (Gasol, Garnett, etc.) or Smith/Milsap.