1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les needs to lock Morey up for the next 10+

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Turbo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

This guy is freaking incredible. I was a staunch believer how Carrol Dawson ran things, but Morey is on a different level. How many times over the past 15 months have we been collectively amazed at what this guy is doing as a GM? For him to be able to continue to assemble talent, while obtaining valuable trading assets during the interim is unbelievable - and this is on top of the incredible scouting that is being done by the organization, as well! Let's see Ainge be as consistent in his decisions as Morey has been; the Celtics got about as much dumb luck as a team could get, but the Rockets have made their own luck through the genius of Morey.

If Les Alexander has any sense at all, he'd lock this guy up long-term (if we can get a reciprocal commitment, that is). As an organization, we've been very lucky over the past 30 years to have had people running things who had deep ties to the team. If there is any way under the sun to get D. Morey to sign up as the long term 'czar' of this team, then Les has to follow Morey's lead and 'get it done.' So long as the Rockets have Morey, I will never worry about who we have suiting up for the games, because I'll know that we have the best damn talent that we can possibly obtain.

-Turbo

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dorey "Brass Balls" Morey, the Houston Rockets Wizard.

He will take your assets and leave you with nothing...one moment they are there, the next, POOF! They are gone.

3. jingle77

jingle77 Member

In Morey, We believe

I say , 50+ years :p

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Great post, Turbo, I agree!

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

You have to remember that the Celtics had to give up their 2nd best player and had to suck for an entire year to get Ray Allen and Garnett.

Daryl Morey has basically given up nothing for these moves he's making. V-Span for a starter. Basically two bad situations gone worse in Bonzi Wells and Mike James for eventually Artest. Nothing for Dorsey.

The man is a genius. There is really no other way to describe it.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey needs to get his brain scoped before we offer him a contract. Otherwise, we make him go get an offer from another team and match. Or else let him go to Europe.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The real Wizard

8. jingle77

jingle77 Member

hi, Landry, how are things going?

9. TxTchRT41

TxTchRT41 Member

This man is ridiculous. If anyone told me he'd have made all these moves for so little in return since he started - I'd have laughed in their face. Agreed 100% with the thread starter: LOCK MOREY UP!!! :cool:

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I want to sex Darryl Morey.

11. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Forgive me, but CD sucks, compared to Morey.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

my sentiment exactly

13. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

After Morey steals AI for Battier and fodder, David Stern will step in and make us give up Morey to the Knicks. The same way he made Minnesota and Memphis trade Garnett and Gasol to set up the Boston/LA reunion party, and the same way the Knicks won the Patrick Ewing lottery. After the Dougherty scandal, anyone who doesn't being the NBA is rigged is naive.

14. istream

istream Member

let time speak for his actions. its not that great giving up first rounders

15. BleedsRocketRed

Morey as of now is a god send to this team. My goodness!

16. krnisnotcorn

krnisnotcorn New Member

Drool... I saved my first post until now- decided that this statement truly deserved it. Morey is a thief-- but I love it :D

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

When you are anticipating having a very low first rounder and you just executed a move to pick up a top of the second round pick, I think you are ok.

18. Jd1

Jd1 Member

Damn the wizard is ....damn...too good. :eek:

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hell, the City of Houston needs to see if they can lock him up for the GM of the Rockets, Texans and Astros.

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Lock him up ... or he'll go to Europe ...