1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander: Rockets are contenders and do not need to get out of the first round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Damn ...J.R with the knockout :eek:

2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

The problem is that he is a businessman. He makes a lot of money regardless. So when he says we don't need it, he means he doesn't need it.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Probably true, but he is trying to make the team better. I believe he does want to win, but if we don't, it may not hurt him much.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm going to assume he's saying that it isn't the end of the world if we don't get out of the first round this year. And I don't necessarily disagree - though I will be PISSED if we don't.

It's definitely an odd thing to say. No way around that.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was having a good motherfugging week. I said you know what, I'm going to tone down my passion a bit. Now all I want to say is **** you managememt.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Les just confirmed that he's all about that money

7. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

He is just trying to take the pressure off. The Rockets have what it takes to go past the first round, obviously.

8. conquistador#11

nothing to see here . lex has just bought in to the coin flip theory of basketball. you either win or lose.

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I wonder what the average age the board members are. Clearly most of you struggle with reading comprehension, and dont understand what he is saying. Stop putting your own bias into what he is saying.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I feel bad I haven't gotten to first base in a long time, but I don't think I need to, since my focus is on home plate.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You have the (current) league MVP on your team, the best defensive center...and finally some depth. If you have HCA there is NO EXCUSE to not win one playoff series. I mean Christ, how low do you guys want to set the bar? It pisses me off too, but in a different way. James was asked to step up on both offense and defense and he has delivered. Crapping away his efforts like that really bother me as a fan. Season ending injuries can happen anytime, and when we have a player like him we owe it to ourselves to push all the way and hold ourselves to a top tier standard.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They don't get out of the first round.........

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Le$ Alexander is an embarrassment.

1 person likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think the best experience this team can get is playing deep into the playoffs through tough series and learning how to close out games. without getting into the 2nd round this year, the likelihood of ever winning a title with dwight here in his prime becomes that much more unlikely. they need to learn how to swim first before even thinking about spearfishing for ring octopi

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, this is indeed "unprecedented" (to use his word) for Les to treat a coach like that. I wonder what McHale has done to charm him. Les got rid of three good coaches in a roll.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Everyone is worried about the side note, but the discussion with Adam Silver is the bulk of the article. The answers seems like they were to some follow-up questions that Les was blowing off.

Regarding the bulk, I would like to see the NBA get rid of the lottery weight system and let all teams that don't make the playoffs have equal chances. This way, teams don't gut to get a better pick, but hope they are the lucky name called even if they're 9th.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Guess this explains the McHale extension indeed. You think Leslie is losing sleep over the way we play, our rotations, our players or our crowd showing up late or not at all? HAH, the guy just checks his phone before he goes to sleep. If the Rockets have won, he will text Morey once in a while with "Good job" and when they lose, he just simply goes to sleep..

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We can criticize him all we want. I'm not a big fan, but Le$ goes to every game that he can.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

les got spoiled his first two years of ownership = championship with dream. after that nothing.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

extends mchale because doesn't 'want to hurt his feelings! weak!!