1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legit PG and 2nd C

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Dec 28, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We already have both, DMo is a legit Center, and Canaan is a legit PG.

Just got to put them in those spots to be successful.

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Everyone is going to have off nights, Beverly gives it all every night, sometimes that hurts the team, most of the time that helps the team. Our starting 5 is now fine, we just need a 6th man type PG and a legit backup center. Once Jones is back, i dont see Dorsey getting any time at C, DMo will get those minutes and hes progressing well this year.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Don't know if they trade him, but losing Dragic is a very real possibility. As others have pointed out, this song and dance has played out before, and it seems pretty obvious that Dragic is sending out signals that he wants to be traded.

Again, let's recap what PHX did this summer.

1) Signed Bledsoe to a big 5 year near max deal.
    2) Signed Thomas to a 4 year $27 million deal.
    3) Drafted Tyler Ennis.

All young. All point guards.

Congrats on your recent run. Y'all have beat some good teams. Your schedule over the next month plus is brutal. 14 of your next 19 games are against playoff teams.

PHX is definitely headed in the right direction. Whether they trade Dragic depends on two factors:

1) Are they in the playoff race at the trade deadline?
    2) Can they trade for a major piece before the deadline?

If the answer to both of these is no, then the likelihood of them trading Dragic is probably 90%+.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But all the above PGs you mentioned will have to finally start playing some defense if they have to face a Dragic LOL.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Remind me why we cut Greg Smith

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Why do you care so much?

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Possibly a little afraid losing dragic is a stronger likelihood so compensating a bit....

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Agreed completely. Short term though unfortunately as long as Jones can't play, we must give DMo some minutes at the 4, which means we have to continue playing Dorsey.

That said, I'd be down for going all in with Dragic since he's more of a known commodity than Canaan (who McHale may not even like)

9. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Until there is anything other than, "Suns have too many PGs so Dragic is instantly available," will people stop suggesting he is a viable get? Who am I kidding, Clutchfans is obsessed.

10. Rox>Mavs

Hmmm, if only we had a place to talk about roster related moves and bounce ideas around with other fans. Maybe like a fan forum for open discussion and dialogue.....we should put our heads together and make an online site like that....

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Mchale: " :confused:" For that guy it is.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not going to quote the whole thing....but excellent post!

13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Sarcasm, hilarious. But every thread regarding roster moves from the PG to backup center to roster depth somehow morphs into us getting Dragic. Not the want to have him but rather that he is our #1 target and is gettable. Just would like some proof of this before having to read it in every thread.

14. Rox>Mavs

Right because fans won't discuss the why's, who's, how's and when's until there's proof. That's kind of the point of forums isn't it? How many of the threads and posts on forums like this are based on proof as opposed to conjecture and opinion. People talk things out and debate the reasons for/against. Anyway if you don't like it don't read it....what's more silly than talking about the possibility of a trade target without proof is suggesting what other fans should and shouldn't talk about (in a respectful manner) to fit the preferences of others.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Good thread topic. It's obvious that PG and backup C are our two biggest needs. Though...I'd actually put backup center much higher as a priority than PG. No Bev is not a pure PG, but I'd argue his defense alone reduces his on-court liability as a starter.

Backup center on the other hand...I'm sincerely worried. Dorsey shouldn't be playing in the NBA. DMo is not a center. And Howard simply can't play more then 36 minutes every night given the wear and tear, not to mention the nights when he gets into foul trouble. Look around the league and there just aren't any good options out there.

so it begs the question: is Capela a more serviceable backup center option than Dorsey?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Capela is still learning.

Hopefully some team is looking to dump a backup C near the deadline.

We're gonna see what Shved has as a PG. He can run the pick and roll effectively.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bro, you've watched him like I have since he started playing for Houston. granted he's improved his defense and that he's 7 feet tall, but what has he shown to make you believe he's a legit center? I see tall PF and that's all I've ever seen with DMo.

I think Canaan is a good player, and could surprise some people. Certainly still a question mark though. We are definitely a Bev injury away from a serious problem.

Surprised by your comfort level at both those positions.

#77 Aruba77, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  18. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

It's not the fact that people are talking about trades. It is just Dragic specific and how it is taking over too many threads. That is annoying me. But keep generalizing. It will fit your point better.

19. Rox>Mavs

Allow me to be specific then....feel free to continue being annoyed. You're free to express and feel that as much as others are to express the things that annoy you. Just don't expect or insist others to stop simply because it annoys you. Fair?

20. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Thanks dad.