1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legit PG and 2nd C

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

I guess the point is, Harden shouldn't HAVE to be the de facto PG for this team. If you can go out and acquire a Dragic, and take that pressure off of Harden constantly handling the ball, then you should do it. Beverley is a great hustle guy who plays with grit, determination, etc., but he's not a starting PG on a championship-caliber team, IMO.

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Smith for zeller and nelson

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I guess the only consolation is that we did save $175k since Black was picked up by the Lakers.:grin:

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Not far from reality, first stop PHX: drop off a NOP pick, a KPap and a Canaan and get a dragic. Next stop swing by the local Celtic shop: drop off a NYK 2nd and filler and get a wright.

Not bad for a day at the NBA store.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Phoenix and Boston will lol at us and trade them to someone with a better offer.

It'll take some combo of Bev/Jones, an expiring, and the nop pick to get dragic.

It'll take more than a second rounder for Wright. Probably a young talent and at least two second rounders.

And the Rockets should absolutely do both.

6. Sanity2disChaos

If only Dmo could shoot...smh. I think this makes a lot of sense and dragic along with maybe Markief could help.

7. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Wow, it was one loss. We are adjusting to new players. I do agree with the fact that Dorsey is too short and useless to be our back up center. In regards to Pat Bev; he had a off night and is indeed a good starting point guard.

8. Rox>Mavs

Nop + KPap and jones sure. Bev no that's silly and they don't have a need for another pg about to get paid.

Wright should go for 2 2nds at most. The nyk 2nd is as high as they come. That plus canaan or Johnson is more than enough. Buyers market

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bev is at his peak asset value right now. And teams want assets. It's more than likely Bev is gone at the deadline.

10. Rox>Mavs

Perhaps but not to PHX. The reason they're in the situation they're in is because they have too much money tied up in the pg rotation. Bev is entering RFA.....

11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While this is true to a certain degree, Dwight has got to roll hard to the basket after every PnR to have the threat of an ally opp or low post pass. His hanging around or slowly moving in the lane really clogs up Harden's opportunities. He should set the pick, wait for the player to lose contact with him, and then cut as hard as possible to the basket no matter what else is going on....period.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

which other teams and what better offers?

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Who knows. But it's impractical to expect that Canaan+ Papanikalaou will result in Dragic. That would be a completey lopsided trade even with a (late) lotto pick thrown in. Then again, Morey is a wizard.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

You're forgetting Jones & Capela. A 19yo Capela was never expected to be anything more than a project. the value and upside is still there.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

Great post, yes the offense would be unstoppable, if the PF sets pick then pop, harden can either throw ball back for jumper or drive then when he drives it should be shooters in both corners and then Howard ready for alley if his man picks up harden or harden can throw the sneak pass for a Howard dunk. Or he can finish if the center doesn't want to leave Howard

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not sure what point you're even making. Because the poster I responded to explicitly said "Canaan+Papa". So really, I'm not forgetting anyone. That's exactly what I'm saying. It'll take more than those two. Likely a Bev/Jones/Capela type thrown in.

But I doubt Morey is parting with Capela this early.

17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Definitely. There would be lots of "options" if we just simply ran good picks like most teams seem capable of running. I really don't understand why we lack these simple fundamentals.

18. newAge_Rockets

See my sig!! Trade D-Mo, K-Pap and the NOP pick to Phoenix for Dragic. Then sign Houstonian Emeka Okafor. As far as I'm concerned, we're championship or bust. No one is beating the rotation that is in my signature.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I've been a big supporter of Pat but this is the first time tonight I've thought we can't go all the way with him starting. He was so erratic and his passing for a PG at times is atrocious.

#AllInForGogi

20. newAge_Rockets

Hell, I'd give them the NYK second rounder too. Goran would be better than those two rookies anyways, we're not in a window to develop young talent, we're in a window to get a championship before Dwight Howard's window closes.