1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lee Nailon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SWTBrent, Jun 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

Does anyone think the Rockets would like to try and get this guy to come in and play SF? He made $465,850 last season, is he due for a big pay increase?? I think he's not but he would be a nice gamble for the Rockets in the free agency market. Any thoughts??

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I don't like him

I only saw him a handful of times, but it seems all he can do is score

Of those who have seen him more than I have, do you have a different opinion?

3. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

I saw him quite a bit on college and only a few times in the NBA. I think of him as a set up guy to a team. A guy that can score in double figures and grab some rebounds. Shoots around 50% from the field and to me might be worth the gamble for not a lot of money. He has good size too at 6-9 241.

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

If we didn't have so many mediocre small forwards I would say go for it.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I remember that buzzer beater he hit on us in the Compaq Center.

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

he has nice game..kinda reminds me of ruben patterson doing all the dirty work but i wouldnt take him

7. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Lee Nailon would be a great pickup. he is due for a raise after this past season where I think he averaged 12 or so. he is exactly like ruben patterson with better size, though not as much of an offensive threat. he is almost 6'9" and plays like a power small forward. he is very deceiving in the speed department too. he could start at the three over everyone we have right now, except a healthy Rice....of course, that is a big one. he is exactly as described though. will do dirty work and score in streaks and grab rebs....give him 20-25 minutes per game...

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Can he shoot the three?

9. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

Thats a negative. He didnt shoot the three but 3 times last year making 1-3 and he only shot the 3, 5 times in college.