1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron will not go on recruiting tour

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tiger0330, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

His business mgr. said Lebron will not go on a widely anticipated recruiting tour but will meet interested clubs at a neutral venue. Looks like it will come down to who can make the best sales pitch to Lebron.

If Houston can get invited to meet with Lebron, I think we can make a pretty persuasive pitch to Lebron particularly the Chinese connection with Yao that no one else can, the quality roster, future draft picks and the state tax angle, I would even have Yao join Les and Morey at the presentation.

New York looks like they're screwed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5329335

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Haha those NY picks are looking better and better, specially the 2011 Swap... :grin:

--RB

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Wish Lebron would get hit by a bus, i'm over it now.

4. blink

blink Contributing Member

wonder if theyll release who gets to go to the meeting...

miami is looking really good right now, being able to resign wade + 2 max free agents

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

lol, this ish hasn't even started yet

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The tour would have been a PR disaster for LeBron. His handlers figured that out.

It won't take him long to make an announcement.

7. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

haha I saw just this on ESPN and I was like "that boy said if u want me you come to see me! I aint comin to see u!" haha people gonna go see him, not him go see them!

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Send me Morey! I got a real nice powerpoint presentation and all! with a video!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I expect NY to overpay someone like Boozer, a 2nd tier star player......but still someone they can use to get incrementally better.

Now Miami, they are the ones who are REALLY in trouble if you ask me...they have to get Amare and Wade or they are dead.

DD

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

JJ and Amare, D'Antoni has coached them both and most coaches are homers. I wonder how good Amare is w/o Nash?

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

walsh has said they won't overpay anybody (and we'll see on that).

boozer will get max money (his production warrants it) elsewhere even if it's not in NY. i mean, we would pay bosh max money. how different is his production from bosh when you really break it down?

the only guy who doesn't warrant max money is someone like gay.

amare and boozer do warrant max money if you look at today's market, and their offensive productions warrant that money.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

amare will get his 20+, 9 boards on 52% shooting. amare is just that good. it's up to him to get is rebounds and defense up. offensively, he doesn't need nash to get his. dude averaged 20pts a game in his 2nd year with stephon marbury for god sakes.

i sometimes wonder if people actually watch amare, or just his pick and roll dunks on ESPN that he gets from nash.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Funny how depending on how well Stoudamire does in his next team, Nash's value will either increase even more or decrease.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Texas State tax advantage is SO overrated. The FEDERAL tax is where the bulk of your income tax goes.

I would think someone like Lebron who has endless money won't be concerned about chump change (anything less than half mil). He would rather live in a place where he is happy.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Overrated? Maybe, but not for someone at his tax bracket as what is considered self-employed. We are talking tens of thousands of dollars. Even for multi-millionare athletes that's still a pretty good chunk of cash they can keep.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Haha.. exactly! tens of thousands of dollars is how much they spend a night partying at a strip club. Its chump change. It's probably how much his watch costs. He's not going to make a major life decisions on chump change. Lebron can make more than that by making an appearance at a corporate event. Plus there's more to life than money. Remember how Artest took a paycut to play for Lakers? And we're talking about Lebron here... We're not talking about millions either.

17. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

A player stands to retain over $500,000 per year by moving to a state with no state income tax.