1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron trumps the Donald

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We can argue until we are blue in the face, but I will not agree that "low IQ" is a racial description for blacks.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think it’s more that the sports figures he chooses to publicly go after are black. Meanwhile, Kerr and Popovich blast him as much or more than any player does and I have yet to see him go after them. Is he a racist...I don’t know.

FranchiseBlade and jo mama like this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

john stewart, rex tillerson, George w bush, rick perry, Jennifer rubin, arriana huffington, msnbc mika

I don't think what you said could at all be substantiated. If anything he DOESN'T discriminate when it comes to being an *******.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Good. I don't think you are racist. I'm telling what is a perception of Blacks held by racists.

No Worries likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... but he might be "low iq" since he is not following a very simple exposition.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t need to debate a tweet to know Trump while he might not personally be a racist in his own mind, absolutely exploits racism for his own gain both politically and previously financially.

He’s been using racism since starting his real estate family business given to him from Fred Trump (who was with the KKK FYI) up until now when he uses it for political gain to divide and conquer.

The evidence is overwhelming. He’s a despicable racist exploiter at the very least. If you support him and don’t call that part out to make sure people know you support X policy but condemn the racism, you need to realize how you are complicit yourself unless you speak up.

Trump is transactional enough to where if he felt his “base” applauded healing racial divides rather than cheering him when he exploits them, I actually think Trump would do what he can to at least show good faith in healing some divides. However it’s you guys... you Trump fans who know who you are here.... that will stay silent and defend him when you know damn well what he’s doing, and just like a dog who gets a treat when he pisses somewhere, will keep pissing there again to get a treat. You guys are conditioning your dog to piss on the rug.

#26 dobro1229, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    fchowd0311 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i do think trump is racist. he has a history of racist comments and actions. but in this case lebron "attacked" him first so trump is just doing trump and childishly responding to lebrons comments about him. i wouldnt attribute anything bigger to it than that. saying lebron is not smart isnt necessarily a racist comment...unlike saying a federal judge cant do his job because he is hispanic - that is f***ing racist.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LeBron started it.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"LeBron attacked him first." "LeBron started it."

[​IMG]

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Proportionally by how you are defining 'racist' Trump is much more racist towards Native Americans. He has called every single Native American in the senate low IQ, granted there is only one (Elizabeth Warren).

Astrodome likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't recall him calling her "low iq". He just uses the "Pocahontas" line for Warren because that is probably the only Native American name he knows so he probably calls all Native American women or self alleged women "Pocahontas" because his brain works like a 13 year old teenager.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Elizabeth Warren is like 1/32 Native American...

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he doesn't routinely target white celebrity critics with attacks on their IQ but does routinely treat black celebrity critics with attacks on their IQ then that is evidence of racism.

I don't know that has been proven as a pattern with Trump though it could be a pattern, I just haven't seen the evidence laid out completely. On appearance, it is plausible.

No Worries likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't know dude, for every 10 black people and 10 white people that criticize Trump, I feel like Trump attacks 6 black people and 3 white people.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Probably because you are more sensitive and excited when he attacks them as it can be used against him politically.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't the attacking itself, it's the type of attack that is the issue. Did he attack the intelligence of Steve Kerr, Pops, and the other white folks that he's attacked? Or does he only attack the intelligence of black celebrity critics?

edwardc likes this.
  17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Dog whistle much.

Why not include a quote from Martin Luther King to show mpm tacost
    Trump making racist comments frequently is what should be emphasized rather than Lebron attacking first.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Push that rock from over your head man.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

No he didn't 45 started it when he attacked athletes for not standing.

FranchiseBlade likes this.