1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron to LA for 2018?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Spacemoth, Jun 8, 2017.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Lebron loses in the Conf Finals to Boston -> He coming to Houston
    Lebron loses in the Finals yet again -> He coming to Houston
    Lebron wins the championship -> He staying in CLE

These are all the possibilities to me. Lebron needs to ring chase if he wants to be considered top-3 to ever play.

There's a chance he doesn't do what's listed above, but then he's going to be one of the worst losers in the Finals ever.

What top-50 greatest talent is he taking down? Steph Curry? KD?

He HAS to be disappointed in what his legacy have come to represent.

SA, I don't think Lebron can handle the kind of coach that Pop is. As Lebron gets older, he's going to have preferences and narrow his mind.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

If you don't anything wrong with this then you're not a real NBA basketball fan

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

He should go to Boston

Honestly Kyrie and Tatum are probably gonna reek havoc in the coming years and that isn’t including Hayward or probably some all star big who would sign as a FA to a young promising team

Boston has a very high future. If I was trying to win rings before I retire I’d be in Houston or Boston

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

7 straight Finals, 3 championships. Multiple MVPs. Will finish likely 1 or 2 in scoring. Will finish high in all other statistical categories. Top defender. “King” of the NBA for 15 years (this is Lebrons league still in a way you perhaps only ever saw it previously with MJ). Brought his hometown of Cleveland a championship while taking down the best regular season team ever.

Dude can go to and lose every finals for the rest of his career and it should only help his legacy.

But clearly he’d rather win them than lose them. But how he gets to those teams to try and win as always will be part of that legacy.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why doesn’t he just go to GSW?? That’d get him at least 2 more rings. But probably 4 or 5 more.

Lol

ramotadab and da_juice like this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol. Haters these days...

Lebron could drop dead today, and he would at minimum be the second best player of all time. There is already a strong argument that he is the GOAT.

MorningZippo likes this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Kyrie would then ask for another trade...

s3ts and malakas like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't believe there's people thinking he's really going to the Lakers.

malakas likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Well the last 3 years large part of the Lakers fanbase is convinced they were getting : LMA, Durant, Hayward and Westbrook.

da_juice, Vivi and BigShasta like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I disagree. That's a bad thing to go down in history for --
    "Leads all-time league record for finals losses."

Winning forgives all. A lot of future youngsters will forget the fact that he kept ring chasing the majority of his career.

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Jerry West holds the record for most finals losses, and he's the Icon of the NBA. We still remember the 90s Braves and the 2000s Cardinals, even though they lost more championships than they won. We will also remember this Warriors team as maybe the GOAT team, LeBron may be the only player to beat them in a playoff series for a 5-6 year stretch.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Reminds me of Knick and Net fans during the late 2000s. No matter how bad things were that's all you heard was how LeBron was coming. And it was based on...New York being a cool city?

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

..... Fanboys these days.

I'm done arguing Lebron fanboys who keep spitting out stats, forgetting the fact that he's never ever played in the loaded West before. Losing out to Dwight Howard's Magic, KG/Truth/Shuttleworth Boston Celtics. Having a losing record against SAS, GSW. Losing to the Mavs. You erase everything bad about Lebron with his single wins vs GSW and SAS.

To me, there absolutely 0 arguments for Lebron as the GOAT as long as no time machine exists which can go back in time so a Lebron fanboy can break MJ's legs w/ a bat.

To me, Lebron isn't even close to the top. Even 2nd is a BOLD move. Nobody can agree on exactly where he should rank. I've seen sports analyst rank him #2, #7, #8, etc. This is because there have been so many all-time greats before that you just cannot forget. You don't just put Lebron over the top because he's a better athlete, or because he's a better player on paper.

I've also posted before, I don't even know if he's had a better career than Larry Bird or Magic Johnson. And I'm not an old timer. IMO, Larry vs Lebron is a 50-50 toss-up.

And now you want to rank Lebron ahead of MJ? That's insanity.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

He's the logo, but he's not even in the top-10 all-time. Nobody puts him there.

Lebron wants to be the GOAT, he doesn't even want to be considered ONLY top-3 or top-2.

I'll agree that beating best regular season team in GSW is a great feat. Like I said, winning forgives all. But, IMO, that just cancels out the loss to the Mavs. I can't give Lebron more credit than that.

15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

If we were to go back in time and give the Denver Nuggets the #1 overall pick in 2003, I still see at least 3 championships for LeBron, 2008-2010 and 2013. If you replace Melo with LeBron on those late 2000s nuggets teams, Thats 8-10 wins added to Denver each year, and puts them above the Lakers and Spurs at the time.

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  16. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

One bad finals cancels out arguably the greatest single playoff series of all time?
    Under that logic Shaq shouldn't be top 15 because he got swept by a 6th seed in the finals when he was the heavy favorite, as well as losing in 5 to a team with no all stars.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

One bad finals?

Probably the WORST finals loss ever, for any superstar that's surrounded by 2 other superstars.

Nowitzki was their best player, he's not even ranked top-50, won't be when he's done either.

Jason Terry averaged higher points than Lebron in that series.

So, yeah, it cancels it out.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Dirk Nowitzki not top 50, are you high?!??!

30k carrer points (6th all time, has a shot for 5th)
    2 finals appearances, one win, the best single playoff run since Hakeem.
    Turned a joke of a franchise into a perennial winner
    8th all time in Win Shares, between Duncan and KG.
    Revolutionized the role of a big man in the NBA, how many players can say that they singlehandedly changed the way the game was played for 1/5th of all players?
    Top 10 all time, at worst top 20.

#118 Swiss Roll, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    malakas likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

So now you're saying.... Dirk was better... than....

Duncan, KG, Wilt Chamberlain, who else? Kevin McHale?

I don't know what to say, I've never seen anyone argue Dirk as a top-10 player. Must be a Mavs fan.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Duncan, no. KG, yes. Wilt? hell no. Kevin McHale? Hell yes.

Of the great PFs of the 2000s, Dirk was by far the most offensively versatile and efficient.

He hasn't near the defensive prowess of a Duncan or a KG, but neither of those two could shoot threes.

And how is Kevin McHale better than Dirk Nowitzki? The only reason he isn't forgotten like an Adrian Dantley is because of Larry Bird.