1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. HardenVolumeOne

8 years of obama he had both senate and congress and he didnt change or pass any legislation for downtrotten african americans. he passed legislation for gays and illegals. African americans have still yet to recieve any tangibles from the democrats

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Any economic reform would disproportionately help African Americans as they have a severe lagging start from the 300 years of oppression.

So yes the ACA did help many black families especially those with preexisting conditions. Bankruptcies due to medical costs plummeted due to the ACA.

The ACA was a half measure as I think public health insurance is the final answer but it still did help many black families.

He also used his executive power to significanltly reduce the use of private contractors in our prison system. You should also look into his clemency initiative.

I think we can reach a middle ground in this disagreement in me saying I believe Obama didn't do nearly enough. He definitely did not do nothing but then again that had a lot do with with Mcconnell led Senate and Boehner led House in terms of Obama not meeting all his desires goals.

#682 fchowd0311, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    TWS1986 and topfive like this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think NBA players should listen to its court jester and start their own league.

raining threes likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He is a good GM

burlesk likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think they would find that being an owner isn't as rosy as they make it. Yes, you can have significant wealth gains, but there are times teams run in the red, too....and that money would then come out of their pockets, whereas you don't get the benefit of the wealth increase unless you sell it.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's all true. I just think having your own and having the mindset of ownership is powerful and worth great sacrifices. Kyrie Irving knows that their own league wouldn't compare to the NBA, but it would be theirs.

BigDog63 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm still happy that LeBron doesn't want to get in a word or sentence feud with uneducated Morey, but if he ever does my money is on David.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

is there ever an appropriate time to tell lerbon to shut up and dribble?

11. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Morey has conscience, Leborn just looks for money and benefits.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lets start the Whataboutism arguments.

13. Air Langhi

If he did why delete the tweet? The point is Lebron is doing what he can for his community. He is wrong about his opinion on HK, but why try to discredit what he trying to do.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Basketball analytics is not 'Con Science'.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If LeBron is a true patron of justice then he knows what Hong Kong went through and would be on Morey's side. Some things are bigger than basketball marketing. The irony is many of the organised crime syndicates through out South East Asia funnel their money back to Hong Kong. It's a complicated situation after all.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

17. raining threes

LeBron uneducated on this subject?

Morey uneducated on this subject?

Which is more likely to be a true statement?

RasaqBoi and tinman like this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

Listen to LeBron speak in comparison to Kobe(rip) and MJ. Their is a stark difference in how they articulate words

RasaqBoi and raining threes like this.
  19. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

It would be great if facts were the basis of your argument. Sure, Obama could've done more, but that really is revisionist history. Did you want him to sign more Executive Orders?

As fchowd311 pointed out, Boehner and McConnell were absolutely dead set on blocking ANYTHING Obama did and portray ANY EO as authoritarian overreach (also Obama didn't have both Senate and Congress for 8 years).

That really underscores how much of a nuanced approach he needed in order to get anything done -- and he did so by placating Republicans under the assumption that the GOP would operate under decency and respect.

We obviously know that's all complete bullshit as the current GOP is full scorched-earth, which apparently was too much for people like Boehner, Gowdy, Ryan or Chaffetz.

It's sad that Obama's "inaction" is seen as failure when, at the time, most of the country still believed in the ideals of bipartisanship.

Democrats are now being painted as evil because the Republicans are so desperate to stay in power -- they have absolutely nothing to offer average American citizens.

The Republicans want you to think that "americans have still yet to recieve any tangibles from the democrats". Have they received anything tangible from obstructionist Republicans?

I hope no one actually thinks "both sides are bad" and decide not to vote. Democrats generally do want to help, but there are some massive Republican roadblocks that need to be reckoned with in order to make headway.

Note that I do wish there were viable 3rd, 4th and 5th parties in this country, but that's a battle for another day.

daywalker02, Jontro and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For some reason I didn't pick up on the part where he said that Obama had the house and senate for 8 years. How did I miss that lol. What a blatant bs statement.

Gives me the impression the dude is trolling or else that person is extremely ill-informed.