1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James Linked to Steroids

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ommy48, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Great athletes who have testified countless times about their innocence have fallen by the wayside. Canseco was vilified because of his character when he blew the whistle.

I'm not going to stick my head in the ground because the dude had posted outlandish things in the past.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

neither were talked about as potentially being the greatest baseball player ever. Neither had James status. Bonds got jealous of the attention sosa and McGuire were getting. James has no one to be jealous of ever when it comes to getting attention.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A witness? Yes that's right, so when the libel suit you're predicting is filed there will be testimony I'm sure.

#trollolololol

edit: aha, so you're the guy who spent last june arguing that Lebron has yet to approach Oscar Robertson's legacy

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=220925&highlight=canadiandude&page=2

#joke

#83 SamFisher, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Of course LBJ and Wade juice..

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wouldn't surprise me if LBJ juiced, but I'm already 99% convinced Wade does. His neck/jawline are freakish looking.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

How many marque athletes ended up proving their innocence of PED accusations? I'll give you a head start with Braun and the botched test delivery.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How do you prove not taking something?:confused:

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Those PED accusations are a result of legit journalism backed by strong evidence and witness testimony.

This one is a blogger who supposedly talked to a "Jessica" with no last name and a flimsy "assistant" job title that never even saw LeBron James.

Stop talking about the article like it has any shred of evidence in it whatsoever.

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

@Samfisher

I remember that. If you read through the thread, you called the Big O a great player, yet, in the same thread, countered his greatness to the point where you downgraded him to an all-star caliber player.

Fun times.

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Besides masking agents? It's kind of obvious.

11. TB86

TB86 Member

Would be a shame if LeBron was on the juice. Wade definitely is.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Ah love the naive people....

It was the same over here in Australia's premier sports league, NO ONE COULD BE ON PED's!!! THEY DON'T NEED IT!!!

Then a whole team got done for using GH. lol

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

just because Lebron was always big doesn't mean he wouldn't have an incentive to use PEDs. They don't just make you bigger, they increase endurance and recovery time from injury. Both those qualities would be extremely useful when playing tons of minutes, and having to recover from nagging injuries quickly as the season wears on.

I also can't see many athletes saying, "well I'm already big, no need to get bigger." Pro athletes are hyper competitive because their job requires it. It's more likely they would say to themselves, "my strength makes me elite, if I had more strength I would be even better."

Still, this really proves nothing, not real journalism. I personally don't care about PEDs. I'm more concerned with the backlash and all the obnoxious fingerpointing that goes on when it comes out that people are using. We can do incredible things with modern science and technology. The line of acceptable and unacceptable is so arbitrary I have a hard time seeing how people can point to one thing and say its okay, but call you morally reprehensible for doing something else.

14. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I think Olympics policy is to test all medal winners and the rest are randomly selected. Pretty sure Lebron has won medal at all the Olympics he participated.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

people who take PEDs know when to stop taking them if there is a chance they'll be tested

16. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Ped can cause many side effects that I'm sure they aren't willing to take. Most steroids are synthetic analogues of testosterone and have variable effects because they don't have proper delivery due to problems with sex hormone binding globulin. Anything from acne, to man boobs and edema could possibly occur and even then taking aromatase inhibitors might not able to stop a lot of effects. If he did take anything I'm sure it was very minor, if you mess with human physiology too much it can hamper your future health and I don't think lebron would risk his future as he was already well built at a young age.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

anyone with the ego to have "chosen one" tattooed on their back will be competitive enough to do what it takes.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

There is a difference between use & abuse.

If you use reasonable doses and the right ancillary drugs you won't get the side effects.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Your reply makes zero sense...

20. rockets13champs

If that happened it would ruin the face of nba