1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James Linked to Steroids

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ommy48, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think so. People feign interest in that topic...they like to pretend it's super important. At the end of the day, it's entertainment.

I'm all for leagues policing it and penalizing for it. But the NBA would go on, even if it had a steroids scandal to address.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't understand the need that some folks have *STILL* to tear LeBron down - even if he's arrogant so what? So are all of them.

Why don't you relax and enjoy the kind of player who comes around every 25 years or so.

1 person likes this.
  4. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

again, the Olympics had a very strict doping policy, Lebron and the rest of team USA should have tested positive if the allegations are true, ether that or they have good masking agents

5. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

durability you say? NBA teams play 82 games, with back2backs and travel the entire US, that would surely take a toll on one's durability

6. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

It's very possible that many NBA stars are using PED's, but to single out LeBron based on a blog by a hack named Incarcerated Bob is absurdly ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I don't believe it. LeBron was already a physical specimen coming out of high school. I don't really see why had the need of steroids to develop the body he has today.

1 person likes this.
  8. AXG

AXG Member

I agree with everything except the below average skills. There are lots of big players but none that have that much of a size and speed advantage over everybody. It would not surprise me if LBJ were somehow using PEDs.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm not a big expert on steroids or anything. I just don't really care if Lebron took steroids and I don't think it's a big deal if he took some, compare to Boxing, MMA, football or any other sport, now that's a BIG deal. Because those sports do matter about athleticism. It won't hurt me at all if Lebron James is a steroid user, and I won't be surprise if he did. He's f***ing huge.

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Barry Bonds and A-Rod were both considered to have a gazillion more talent than anyone else when they started juicing too.

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

However ridiculous his credibility, as far as his journalism goes, this Incarcerated Bob is willing to put his neck on the line by spreading this "rumor" and risk a huge defamation lawsuit. He could be pulling a Jose Canseco.

And if true, LBJ would instantly become the Barry Bonds of the NBA.
    A GOAT player to an embarrassment of the league overnight.

/MJ23 pops a champagne bottle

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ok LBJ is starting to get huge just like Tiger did in golf. Sure they work out, but they're using PEDs no doubt. It speeds recovery time, and also LBJ was a specimen coming out of high school, but like Tiger (in 1997) it seems they've got to be HUGE. As if they could play football (linebacker). That's how big LBJ looks.

Same as Bonds when he was a Pirate in the MLB during his young days. You can see PEDs in every sport by just looking at the way the player(s) develop. Carmelo was a specimen in highschool & then a yr. @ Syracuse, but look at him. He looks legit. Has gained a little muscle, but not Lebron size, or Bonds size, or even Tiger.

If I was a betting man; I'd say that he is using PEDs, for the help of recovery, and being bigger, faster, stronger. The ol saying.

13. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The guy was 240 pounds before he was drafted out of high school. Unless he was already using in high school, I don't think adding 15-20 pounds on a 6'8" frame from the age of 18 is a certain sign of steroid use. He was already seen as a future #1 pick when he dominated All-American seniors at the ABCD camp when he was a skinny sophomore, so he'd have no reason to start steroids at such a young age.

And it's not like he has giant arms or bulging muscles, he's just thick all over.

[​IMG]

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. Seriously. Lebron isnt stupid. Why will his associate personally get him meds and then sign LJ at the log? They have like 1000 gophers who could pick stuff up, why would he send someone so closely linked to him?

As far as juicing up, I dont think its as beneficial in the nba as baseball or football. . I think guys like wade or rose could definitely be juicing up since they rely on athleticism. But Lbj ddnt get his passing low post and shooting from roids. Plus hes always looked the same, lbjs looked like he was on roids since he was a kid

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

please.... far worse has been written about LeBron; no point suing some anonymous internet idiot that nobody reads who wants publicity and has no money...in fact it's counterproductive.

17. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Incarcerated Bob is not a "journalist," so he has no credibility to lose. He makes money by posting outlandish things and then retweeting them like crazy on the off chance that he gets something right.

In this case, he is presenting a fake "scoop" about a guy that will generate a lot of hits. There is no investigative journalism at all except for an interview with a "Jessica" that tells him she is "pretty sure" an LJ received steroids.

And what kind of journalist doesn't even spell check? In this story, he writes "payed" instead of "paid" and "instute" instead of "institute." That wouldn't even pass muster in a middle school journalism class.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Money means negative results :p

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

There is NO way lebron james' agent is picking up stuff for him and using his initials...

I'm not saying that it's not possible, I just dont think THIS story is.

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Far worse in reference to his PED usage? It's one thing to speculate and write a piece about LBJs usage.

Incarcerated has procured a witness.

# Lance Armstrong