1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Why wasn't CP3 on the bench?

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Probably getting treatment

DonKnock and Erbnwarfare like this.
  3. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

4. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not see how any NBA exec could be naive enough to think that Chris Paul would leave Houston for Cleveland. Houston is just better in every way. All they have is LeBron. Houston has a coach that puts him in situations to exploit his point gawd skillset. We have a system that plays to his strengths and lengthens his career. Houston has a better roster from top to bottom. We have a better locker room environment. We have players that get along. We have an owner that players apparently like. We have a much more competent GM. We are a larger market. We have this years’ upcoming MVP. We have a higher chance of beating GS than anyone in the league. Aaaaand we have Dream high-fiving him and Harden in the hallway after games where Harden breaks NBA records. He would leave all that to go to Cleveland…? Is Chris Paul so loyal to LeBron that he would move to Cleveland and lower his chances to get a ring or would he convince his bff to come to Houston and pretty much guarantee a ring? Unless Stephen A. is being a PR rep for Lebron I do not see why he would think that Chris moving to Clevland would make sense. But then again, we have seen crazier things happen in the NBA.

gatsby, D-rock, Beardaholic13 and 2 others like this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't think SAS was saying HE BELIEVES that CP3 will leave Houston. What he's saying is that in order for Scenario A to play out, LeBron would have to tell CP3 that he's not leaving Cleveland, so if Chris wants to play with him, Chris has to go to Cleveland. SAS actually said that IF LeBron leaves, he thinks he's coming to Houston. But the $200M question is will LeBron leave??

Beardaholic13, DonKnock and RyanB like this.
  6. BleedsRocketRed

This has me worried. If exces are talking about him coming to Houston, they essentially have a **** block. Unless he comes on pennies on the dollar, nobody may trade for Anderson in order for us to make room. They can collude together in order to block this nightmare for the NBA scenario.

7. BleedsRocketRed

Favorite part about this video, is Hakeem there with them. Amazing.

BallSoHarden, gatsby, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. bumbum09

Supporting Member

Ah! Makes more sense that way. :)

9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

It's all just part of the narrative that lebron wants his hometown to hear and believe. "I tried getting Chris to come play in my hometown, but he just didn't want to. So even though I hate leaving Cleveland, this was the best decision for my 'legacy.'"

SAS is just serving as a mouthpiece.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

They could. They have a built in excuse. Anderson is not playing to his contract.

I think rebuilding teams would still try to improve their team knowing they will still cannot compete for a championship quickly. So would want young guys or draft picks.

BleedsRocketRed and DonKnock like this.
  12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Teams were willing to help Golden State get Durant. Dallas took Bogut's contract for a pick. Even Cleveland was willing to sign and trade Lebron to Miami to get him his extra money despite all the bad blood, all for like a pick. All you have to do dangle an incentive and teams will act in their best interest. And we aren't nearly the big bad Golden State is.

BallSoHarden and Fullcourt like this.
  13. bumbum09

Supporting Member

Preemptive PR for when he requests to be traded to Houston. :D

justtxyank likes this.
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

The only teams who have incentive to prevent a LeBron to Houston move are the Spurs, Cleveland, GSW, Boston (as another contender, OKC) and may be a team like Philly if they really think they could sign hi m. Teams rarely think zero sum anyway so all it takes is a team or two to wanna make a move.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think you can put Cleveland on that list .... even if they would prefer he stayed. Lebron holds the winning hand and can dictate whether Cleveland gets any compensation for his departure or not.

Lebron opts in and they trade him , they get "something".

Lebron opts out he walks and they get nodda.

Bottom line is that its mutually beneficial for Lebron and Cleveland to cooperate here , Lebron gets his $$$ and destination of choice , Cleveland gets some return in exchange and something is better than nothing for them.

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude every tweet you post gets deleted lol

Fullcourt and J.R. like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

:confused:

About time for me to take a break for 2-3 years from watching this farce then if this happens.

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

20. CALI_MOST_WANTD

If LeBron went to the Warriors in free agency who would be the competition? No one at all. We are the only competition and if he went there we wouldn't be. The rest of the league might as well just hand them the trophy and save themselves a season of beating their bodies for nothing. They can't let that happen for the benefit of the league. Because people would stop watching if the game because they would know the outcome for sure.

Sidarma likes this.