1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron 1.18.09

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seanluu, Jan 15, 2009.

1. seanluu

seanluu Member

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yF4lAEHg24k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yF4lAEHg24k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

thoughts? most people are saying its for Oreos

2. brooksstephens

They're gonna show Lebron in a Cleveland Browns jersey like he's leaving basketball to play football.

This isn't speculation... there are pictures leaked on the internet of him in a Browns jersey on a commercial set.

3. seanluu

seanluu Member

4. brooksstephens

5. brooksstephens

Link

Pretty cool to imagine Lebron as an NFL player

6. seanluu

seanluu Member

so you're saying that they made a commercial to eventually announce that he'll pretend to join the browns...

7. brooksstephens

well... yeah.. it's a commercial, not a press conference.

8. Asian Sensation

He'd be a pretty money WR/TE. I'd also wager to bet he'd be a stud in the secondary.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He was an All State wide receiver in high school. Not like he isnt football material. Heck he could play any position on the field not offensive line and defensive tackle.

10. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

All-State wide receiver as a 6'5" 210 sophomore, I bet he could be the greatest receiving tight end of all time if he really changed sports at 6'8" 260 or whatever. Is it really any crazier than Antonio Gates becoming a superstar?

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

If he's 270 he could definitely play some defensive tackle. I'd probably put him at linebacker/defensive end and switch him back and forth, kind of like Sergio Kindle at Texas right.

12. hjg877

hjg877 Member

For accuracy, why wouldn't his jersey be James?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stupid to put him at TE and make him block IMO. WR, or DE. He would kill. Does he technically have college eligibility to play football? Like a baseball player going back? Or did he forfeit that with an agent? If he has eligibility he should go play for TOSU and have some fun. Or really let me have some fun watching.

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

No.

-signed

[​IMG]

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

VENUS & SERENA vs. PEYTON & ELI :eek: ?

I think it will be at about the same thing. Wouldn't it be cool if they waited until the SUPER BOWL to release these highly-expected commercials? :)

I disagree with Yonkers because it's different for YAO MING as well, but I believe that if it were just "James" on the back of the jersey, it wouldn't have such an impact as "LeBron" would, hgh877. People associate LeBron with him more than just "James", in my opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

16. Yonkers

You can disagree if you want but Ichiro is his first name. Suzuki is his last name. Simple as that.
    And on this forum of all things, you post incorrect information regarding Yao? His last name is Yao. His first name is Ming. In China, last name goes first. Same goes for Japan, so he would write it as Suzuki Ichiro.

17. SwoLy-D

All I said was that it's different for Yao as well. I never said WHY or HOW HIS NAME IS. I pointed out Yao's case for the respect the NBA allows the Chinese custom, and as far as for the Japanese, I knew Ichiro is his FIRST name. What's the deal with that? MLB also respects Ichiro's request. :D Geez, calm down, sir.

18. Yonkers

Dude, you're the one that freaks out over every grammatical/spelling error. For you to tell someone to calm down is seriously hilarious.
    Also, you're the one that disagreed with me in the first place. Here you are saying that people know Lebron better by his FIRST name. Yet that's not the same as Ichiro using his FIRST name?

19. SwoLy-D

Who is Ichiro? :(

I was yus' keeeeeeeeeeeeeedeeeeeen'!!!! :D