1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Law and order teen charged with murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

That’s marginally fair @fchowd0311 , I’m proud of you, you aren’t as extreme as you use to be, I would even hug you if we met and buy you lunch

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

So if he was a stand up kid with absolutely no mistakes up to the point of being attacked by the mob would that make him more respectable? He is a very intelligent young man, to the point where he frustrated a very experienced and dirty prosecutor. He speaks well and is doing very well business wise post trial.

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What an odd little horse to back.

Good luck with that.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Grosskreutz v. Grosskreutz? Surviver from 2020 Kenosha Shooting Sues Kyle Rittenhouse
    https://jonathanturley.org/2023/02/25/rittenhouse-sued-by-surviver-from-2020-kenosha-shooting/

excerpt:

Just when you thought that the Kyle Rittenhouse case was over . . . it is back. Gaige Grosskreutz who was shot in the arm by Kyle Rittenhouse during the Kenosha riots in 2020 is now suing him as well as Wisconsin police and officials. Grosskreutz effectively repeats his earlier rejected claims that he was merely trying to protect others and had his hands up when Rittenhouse shot him. The difference is that this civil lawsuit will be resolved under the lower standard of proof by a preponderance of the evidence (rather than beyond a reasonable doubt). Nevertheless, the case could prove messy for Grosskreutz whose criminal background and actions that night could undermine his claims. Indeed, the most damaging witness against Grosskreutz may prove to be himself.

The lawsuit names as defendants Rittenhouse, the city of Kenosha, Kenosha County, five other neighboring counties, police officers, former Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth and former Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis. Grosskreutz alleges assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Rittenhouse was also added to Grosskreutz’s civil rights and Equal Protection claims against the city and local officials.

In the trial, Grosskreutz admitted that he pointed a firearm at Rittenhouse before the then-teenager shot Grosskreutz and two others. He testified that he carried a loaded gun that night and, during cross-examination, defense attorney Corey Chirafisi asked Grosskreutz, “It wasn’t until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him … that he fired, right?” Grosskreutz responded, “Correct.”

Grosskreutz also admitted that he refused initially to answer questions from the police and refused to give police permission to look through his phone. He also did not tell police that he was armed that night or pointed a gun at Rittenhouse. As shown in the testimony below, Grosskreutz admits that Rittenhouse did not shoot while Grosskreutz had his hands up. He fired when Grosskreutz pointed his Glock at Rittenhouse.

Grosskreutz also admitted that Rittenhouse told him that he was going to the police and was running in their direction. He also admitted that he lied to police when he said that he tried to tell a man with a skateboard to stop hitting Rittenhouse before he was shot. The false statement to police portrayed Rittenhouse as shooting him after he tried to help him.
    more at the link

Kim likes this.
  5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Kim likes this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

an "intelligent young man"? wow. he not only comes off like a teenage dumbass, but he is also a liar. i know right wingers love being lied to though so maybe thats another reason why they like him so much.

Talking with Trump, Rittenhouse said the case had been “scary” because, without offering any evidence, he’d been “up against these George Soros-funded prosecutors.”

“Was that what was going on?” asked the eldest son of former President Donald Trump. “Were these guys getting some sort of backhanded donations?”

“I guarantee it,” Rittenhouse confidently responded.

Then he immediately backtracked, saying: “I don’t know for sure, I don’t know for 100% fact. But I guaran— I’m sure of it.”

he also lied about being admitted to A&M.

the only reason right wingers like this guy and are propping him up is because he killed to BLM protestors. its very weird.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If A&M accepted that kid, it would devalue the degree significantly. Top 10% of a graduating class get into A&M. Not drop outs who utterly failed academically.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Smart kid

tinman and basso like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's par for the course when you have a bunch of racist far right lying propaganda spewing politicians and media guys like like Trump, JR, MTG, Tucker, and the rest of the far right MAGA cult making heroes of white MAGA killers, white MAGA traitors, white racist cops killing or beating down blacks, white MAGA guys who commit espionage, and even defending white soldiers who gun down brown skinned civilians for fun in foreign countries. It's a disgusting mentality, and it's not ever surprising to me seeing the same type people in this forum defend and support that cult. Call it ignorant, brainwashed, or simply racist, but whatever it is, it's just wrong.

10. fchowd0311

The moment he got right wingers to praise him as a hero his emotional growth and intellectual curiosity ended. So he is going to be a 19 year old emotionally and intellectually for the rest of his life. It's sad.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

What's sad is how the mainstream media tried to paint this kid as racist violent criminal and send him to prison for life.

tinman likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

I mean ya he's a racist. He's a kid though and was properly handled in the court system and was found not guilty. That doesn't mean it's good for society to prop up developmentally stunted kids for political talking points. There is no value listening to the political and societal opinions of this kid. I blame adults like Tucker Carlson exploiting this kid.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who hurt you?

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

So we just going to make $hit up? Have you looked up careers in mainstream media? Fits your style...

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nobody. Doesn't mean I defend or make heroes out of people who murder or make terrible choices that hurt or kill others. Who hurt you?

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He's definitely a right wing MAGA kid though, and they use him as their props for arming up with AR-15's or anything else, driving to somewhere you don't even live, with weapons you have legally or not, like you are some special agent, police, or soldier. Some guys just search for trouble or a reason to shoot people. Look at how those Proud Boys crazies wanted to arm up and storm the Capitol. They really wanted to load up and kill. I remember Trump being pissed because of the metal detectors, saying they weren't there to kill him. They were his heroes. They made jokes and laughed about that MAGA kook almost beating Pelosi's husband to death, just like the sickos in here I put on ignore.

#2256 deb4rockets, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t he shoot some white dudes who attacked him ?
    [​IMG]

I think chicken protestors get confused that white people aren’t black because they joined Antifa

Salvy likes this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I identify as an obese black lesbian.

I want my free airplane row.

tinman and Salvy like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

They were white but they were also woke so the woke people are mad and hold a grudge....

basso likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

You just got the leading role for a brand new Disney remake....

basso and tinman like this.