1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laughing stock of the League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dfbreyes, Dec 18, 2001.

1. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I think the franchise record for consecutive wins is 15.

What is the Rockets' record for cosecutive losses?

Sorry, but the LA Clippers are not anymore the laughing stock of the league.

Today, it is the Houston Rockets.

It's not fun anymore to be a fan, with all this losing.

Heads must roll...

2. Old School

Old School Member

Who's heads must roll?? You do understand how many guys are hurt, don't you?? I don't understand comments like that. Usually they come from misinformed people from other cities but I would hope someone who follows the Rockets would know all of the crap this team is going through. Take the best 2 or 3 players off of the Lakers or any other team and see how well they play. Real fans don't jump ship.

OS

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I don't think the Rockets are the laughing stock of the league. People know that the reason we're losing is because the Franchise isn't playing. Once he gets back we will start winning games. The Bulls are the laughing stock of the league. I know they whooped us, but with Franchise playing last year we beat them by 45 points.

4. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Thanks for nothing! :mad:

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

with francis plaing we got creamed by a mcdyess less denver. injuries aside, we're not that good

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

It's not whether we're good or not.

It's whether we are fans or not.

Go root for the f***ing Lakers if you wanna win now! :mad:

7. mfclark

mfclark Member

The Heat and the Bulls are the laughing stock of the league, not the Rockets.

What a few injuries will do a team...and what getting healthy will do. It's not a problem of talent or coaching, it's a health problem.

When everyone (sans Mo) is healthy, the Rockets will be a much improved team. Next year holds much more promise as well.

True fans stick behind the team. The rest may as well leave.

8. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I'm a Rockets fan even when we get killed every night. The last 14 games we've played (and also lost) I've watched every single minute of them. I think that we've gotta support our team. Rocketability is right; if you want to root for a winning team start rooting for the Lakers.

9. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Um, we lost to your so called laughing stocks of the league. Chicago blew us out. Just accept what we are and pass the paper bags so we can cover our heads for the next game. The injury to Rice was irrelevant, he wasn't scoring or playing well anyways. Hopefully things will improve when Francis comes back. But we lost to many teams who had key players injured, including this latest Portland team without Scottie Pippen and Bonzi Wells.

#9 Woofer, Dec 19, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2001
  10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Oh please just let the guy rant. Some of you don't seem to realize just how mind-numbingly painful this losing streak has been. Ranting is the best way to take out frustrations over this piece of sh** season, so rant away.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

funny

with names l;ike
    Grant, Strickland, Jones, Jackson and 'Zo
    playing every night for you . .and u only
    won 5 or 6 games. . . .

THAT IS A LAFFING STOCK

And injury ridden Rocket Team is not

Rocket River

12. leebigez

with the heat scoring 56pts tonight has to put them at the bottom

13. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Yes, the losing streak really got to my head, really f***ing my mind! :mad: But it doesn't change the fact that I am a fan. I b**** and whine too, but I never would say it's no fun to be a fan.

Oh well ... there are different fans ... banwagoners and fair-weather fans are included. :rolleyes:

Call me stupid! The season is still young. Why quit now? No one thought the Rockets would make the 2nd round in our Championship years, but what happened?

Goooo Rockets! :mad:

14. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Murph kinda dissed Pippen. He said something like, "Bonzi Wells and Scottie Pippen are both injured. That's a lot of scoring the Blazers are missing. They aren't neccessarily missing a lot of scoring from Pippen though." :D Pippen is having a horrible season. 9 points per game on 36.8% shooting.

15. leebigez

Seems like our 3 man have sucked since Rudy has been here. I think Rudy and Riles have Big Manitis. It seems since thier big men aren't the same as they used to, their offenses are really sucking.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thing is, most "experts" picked us to finish 5th in our own division this year. Check the stuff at the beginning of the year. No one expected us to make the playoffs and they assumed we would have a healthy Francis, Rica AND Mo Taylor.

What is surprising is the fact that so many people are just blown away that the team sucks without their best players playing.

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Here's the Rocks preferable starting lineup

Wink (bad foot)
    Cat (bad ankles)
    Rice (or Walt) (bad knee and back)
    MoT (bad ankle)
    Cato (bad heart..ahem...wrist)

All five spots are injury plagued and even Kenny off the bench.

I'd bet if you took out or impeded 5 starters from the Lakes or any other team, they'd stuggle a bit too.

All that said, the Rocks lost 14 straight and still are not in last place. The 3 teams with worse records are the laughing stocks.

I still love ya Rocks! We'll be back.

18. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

krosfyah,

Damn right!

19. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

doesnt get much lower than that!