1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Late Night] Fallon makes fun of Budinger, Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nachbarFTW, Feb 23, 2012.

1. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1386809" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Pretty funny stuff, Jimmy Fallon makes fun of Chase And Chandler around the 1:30 min mark.

Ricky Rubio: "Werewolf Paul McCartney"

Don't say the Rockets don't get any national exposure!

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

No idea how people can think Fallon is funny. He is the most overrated 'comedian' ever. I'd rather listen to Dane Cook for 24 hours straight than sit through 1 hour of Jimmy Fallon's show.

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

That has to be a HUGE exaggeration.

4. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Hmmm -- The video is not available .. Just a blank screen

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What i've noticed is most of his funny moments on the show are improvised, so for that reason i give him credit, since he's not reading a script during those moments. Their writers have a lot to do with how funny they are or arent.

This skit is definitely one of his worst though.

6. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Terrible. At no point did I even come close to cracking a smile. I want my 3 1/2 minutes back. Fallon is awful.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry, but I honestly thought it was funny... the Rubio one was the best, but just seeing them put Budinger and Parsons on there cracked me up. "Just got voted off Project Runway"... Chandler's going to love that one :)

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Big mistake, Clutch. You've exposed yourself as a Jimmy Fallon watcher and lost all your street cred with the comedy elitists on clutchfans. :)

[​IMG]

9. htown11

htown11 Member

I'm completely the opposite. I think Fallon right now has the best late night show on TV. He comes off as genuine and not manafactured, he has multiple talents, his impressions are absolutely incredible, and he's the most interactive host with his guests. (Beer Pong, Charades, Pictionary) I never though old fashioned games could actually be remotely interesing, but when you add a charsimatic gest and host it's like TV gold.

I was not happy when Conan got the boot, but since he has I have completely switched from him to Fallon. (Cable is like the Twilight Zone for late night...) Only cable programming I will watch late is Jon Stewart.

With Leno, and Letterman you know what you get almost 100% of the time. Kimmel ehh ya he gets NBA rights because he's on ABC so I watch... With Fallon it's uniue, caters to a much younger generation, and what really sets his show apart are his writers. They all participate in the skits, he's had years of experience on SNL so it just all works well IMO.

I know I sound like a "fan boy" here but just my genuine reasoning on why I I watch his show consisntly as opposed to the others.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

It wasn't too bad. Don't be debby downers ;). Nerd Larry Bird!

11. senter

senter Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hahaha“@<a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">clutchfans</a>: NBC's @<a href="https://twitter.com/jimmyfallon">jimmyfallon</a> makes some cracks about Rockets Chase Budinger & Chandler Parsons. <a href="http://t.co/tROUnc4Z" title="http://bit.ly/zAN2uo">bit.ly/zAN2uo</a>”</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/172819377429807105" data-datetime="2012-02-23T23:05:25+00:00">February 23, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    haha! parsons retweeted this! i wonder if he looks through the comments. if you're reading this chandler, work on your free throws!! please! :)

12. skyline07

skyline07 Member

+1 so hard.....NBC + Fallon = very unfunny

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

that was embarrassingly terrible. he is the worst late nite host

15. daernoth

daernoth Member

Didn't make me laugh but at least some Rockets were in that list.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Jimmy Fallon is a great late night host. People who think otherwise clearly don't watch him and are holding on to the old, bitter SNL stereotypes of him. Yeah, he used to intentionally laugh in skits to get laughs -- but he's a great late night host.

1 person likes this.
  17. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

I'd rather watch beautician and the beast than jimmy fallon

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

that was painful.

19. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I agree here. He is underrated.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That particular skit may not have been his best work, but I think Fallon is a good late night host. His show has gotten considerably better as he has gone. As a previous poster mentioned, Jimmy is at his best when he is improvising with a guest or with people in his audience, so he does more of that than he does stand-up and I think that makes for a good show.