1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Fitzgerald could be available....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Landlord Landry, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Landlord Landry

For the right price, Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald could be available in a trade, according to league sources, but that doesn't mean the Cards are actively trying to unload him.

In fact, no one polled for this story had any direct knowledge of whether the Cardinals have had any legitimate discussions about trading their star receiver, so take that for what it's worth.

The Cardinals, who went 5-11 this season and have the fifth pick in April's draft, desperately need a quarterback. After Kurt Warner retired last year, the Cardinals rolled out Derek Anderson, John Skelton, Max Hall and Richard Bartel in 2010. That foursome combined to complete 284 of 559 passes (50.8 percent) for 3,247 yards, 10 touchdowns and 19 interceptions this season.

Fitzgerald is regarded as one of the three best wide receivers in the NFL, along with Detroit's Calvin Johnson and Houston's Andre Johnson, and he's got immense talent and a pristine reputation off the field.

The Patriots might be in play for a wide receiver this offseason. Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco has been linked to New England, and former Pats receiver Donte Stallworth told NESN.com he'd be "100 percent" interested in returning to New England.

The Pats are also equipped with two picks in both the first and second rounds of the draft, which would give them more than enough ammunition to acquire Fitzgerald if they'd like to explore that avenue. However, there aren't considered to be any franchise-caliber quarterbacks in the 2011 draft class, so the Cardinals might not be overly interested in anything the Pats would have to offer.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/sources...lable-via-trade-but-only-for-right-price.html

I just don't see New England giving up those picks for him.

I don't know what KC would give up for him, or if they even have what Arizona is looking for but.....

Last year Fitzgerald gushed about the impact that Todd Haley had on Fitzgerald’s career, prompting some to think that Fitzgerald was thinking about a reunion.

It's barely even speculation...but Fitzgerald in a KC uni would instantly make him the best WR in Chiefs history and possibly boost KC into contender status.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Such a huge trade I can't even imagine what the compensation is?

Is New England's 2x first round, 2x second round picks overkill?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Read the title and thought to myself how great of a fit he'd be with NE, and all of the upcoming picks they've accumulated. Then the article turns out to be more about the Patriots than Fitz.

4. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Schaub for Fitzgerald, then sign VY. You don't need a good QB to throw to the two best receivers in the NFL.
    Texans: 2011-2012 Champs. :p

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

TD go get him.

Roddy White and Larry Fitzgerald ;)

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Then how do they get the ball?

Stop posting.

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lol, I was joking, hence the smiley face.

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

He would look pretty damn good in blue and gray.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Please shut up

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wrong question. You should be asking, "How do they win the game?" The answer, of course, is simply Vince Young.

It's kind of funny the hate here for the joke. But if you actually think about it, VY actually just might flourish in such a system. Young is horrible as a passer, but is he any worse than Carr, who used AJ as his security blanket? I'd actually believe that with Foster, AJ, Fitzgerald, and good TEs, Young's dual-threat capability will be quite potent. And his errant passes would look less crappy when he has receivers who can adjust to bad throws. After all, who better than AJ and Fitzgerald when it comes to adjusting to horrible throws?

And to reiterate, Vince Young just wins. ;)

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Detroit: Where wide receivers go to die.

(Just kidding, of course)

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Slaton, 1st round pick, and hell maybe throw in Okoye or something.

Fitzgerald and AJ?!!?!

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No defense = Lose.

14. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Name one reason why the Cardinals would even think about this trade , you are giving two scrub players and a pick for possibly the best WR in the league . :confused:

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Throwing the deep ball is one thing he can do better than shaub.

16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

We have a 2nd string quarterback I'm sure they would want ;)

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Carr used his running back, Dominick ...no Knees, as a security blanket. And Vince is not a dual threat, he's a single threat. He has a great, and decent touch if his man beats his defender by ten steps.

There is no hate for VY. VY is my N.

I'm not a leach. I got my pass.