1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

{Lakers} Kobe feels team should easily make playoffs..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ZomgZ, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/kobe-bryant-absolutely-believes-lakers-playoff-team-season/story?id=32888345

What you guys think? I can see a ok team with Hibbert,Bass,Kobe,Lou,Russell

Bass can score and hold his own in defense along with Hibbert blks.
    Russels consider like a Penny type player coming in, so you see whats advertise, with even Lou coming off bench/starting whatever bring that scoring punch... Randle should be a good PowerFoward, and clarkson,Brown,young seems like a good group of young talents off the bench..

So all in all i dont think they are a bad team, but can
    lakers even get a record like the mavs for the 9th seed. whats is that 40-42 wins?
    But what if this team does shock some people and start winning games? I dont know is russell the real deal?, and can kobe just look to be a facilator @ SF, while hitting the 3-ball and trying to be a role player..???

what you think?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think that there's no way, unless major injury to the Suns and Pelicans while the Lakers end up super healthy, and while Kobe returning back to full form.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Kobe has been noodle-legging it up the court and jacking up fadeaways ever since his achilles injury. Hes done. Hes at knicks tmac level in terms of health and that team isn't going anywhere with him taking the lions share of the shots.

4. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Ya i think so too, he would need to be forced to be a glen rice mode all the time. I just think there is too many questions/unknowns to even consider this team a playoff team myself... I see kobe dropping, then hibbert, lol

I see something like they all get injury bug and russell will put up these insane scoring numbers to beef up his stats and shoe contracts..

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who is Kobe?

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i think that was a joke kobe said that they didnt finish the quote, after he said "if i take less than 30 shots a game of course, which will never happen. im thinking of taking 40 shots now with this sorry ass team"

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Kobe's offensive rating the last 2 years (100 is bad)

Oh well, he has the defence going on at least (100 is good)

Oh.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lakers, with that roster, might not even make the playoffs in the East.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, no. Not happening, Kobe. Right now barring injuries, the following teams are virtual locks to make the playoffs:

Warriors
    Rockets
    Clippers
    Spurs
    Grizzlies
    Thunder

And odds are that all of those teams will win well over 50 games each(again, barring injuries). Then there are a handful of teams that have a good shot at the postseason:

Pelicans
    Suns
    Kings
    Mavericks
    Jazz

After that is where the Lakers are probably currently ranked. So the odds are not very good.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And we all thought Kobe Bryant has no sense of humor.

If through pain he's found laughter, such a shame he doesn't still have Dwight in Lakerland. They could do dual interviews: "Dwight, what do you think of Kobe now?" "Kobe, what do you think of Dwight now?"

And Kobe could glance at Dwight in the next chair: "He's such a clown...(dramatic pause; then they crack up together)...I LOVE this guy!"

11. Classic

Classic Member

What else should a $23 million spokesman say?

1 person likes this.
  12. OpenLayup-Why3?

"they don't pay me enough"

1 person likes this.
  13. Mprice

Mprice Member

needed a good laugh this morning and I found it, I don't even have them better then Sac! god I hate the lakers.

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

With Nick Azalea at SF, for sure they are going to the playoffs.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Nope. They are a bottom 5 team in the west with Denver, Minnesota, Sacramento and Utah. I wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota and Utah took a step forward this year.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

What else do you expect him to say? I can't see anyone from last year falling out, but somehow there needs to be room to add OKC.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Even though the Jazz are technically apart of the bottom 5 last year, they where actually a pretty talented team, no way the Lakers are better then the Jazz next year, or Suns, Or Pelicans. I think of all the teams the Lakers will be competing with is Dallas, which is sadly hilarious that both organizations will be fighting over being 10th seed.

7.Pelicans
    8. Suns
    9. Jazz
    10. Mavs
    11. Lakers

Is how I see it, both should be bottom 5 next year.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not sure if Kobe even believes it. I think he makes claims like that to bolster his 'competitive fire' persona.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Didn't Byron Scott say something about Kobe might be playing some power forword this season.

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Byron Scott is not a great coach. It will be hard for them to make the playoffs without a great, modern NBA system.

They should be a lot better than last season at least.