1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kudos to Houston's crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by NJRocket, Oct 18, 2004.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I was at Game 3 vs Atlanta last week and the crowd was amazing....but the crowd yesterday was as good as I have ever been a part of. I have been fortunate enough to attend 15-20 Yankee playoff/World Series games over the last decade or so...5 or 6 Mets playoff games going back to 1986 and even a couple of games at Fenway in the postseason...but the crowd yesterday afternoon takes the cake. I have NEVER been a part of such an unbelievable crowd! I hope its the same tonight!!!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

how was it right after Beltran's legendary blast?

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I thought there was a minor earthquake in downtown Houston

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

i was lucky enough to rewind it and catch the moment on my PVR .....including all the ESPN replays

ive seen it about 200 times now

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

While that is true, I think I lost it after Raul Chavez came through to tie the game. Chamo's hit was huge. My stomach before the cards last two at bats was such a mess, I had to go listen in my car because I was too nervous to stay in the stadium. I didn't want to hear the crowd because then I would know how things were going.

It's harder to watch playoff baseball from a seat in a packed house with all the tension, than I ever could've imagined. Of course it's fun, but for a guy like me who lives and dies with each pitch each inning, those tight late inning games twist my insides around as a fan because I want to be out there involved in the action.

Of course I wouldn't trade any of this for the world.

6. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

I heard on the radio this morning Milo saying it was 116 decibals at Minute Maid and a jet plane is 108!!!! :eek:

7. NickC19

NickC19 Member

It was insane when Beltran's ball went out. Easily the most exciting moment in any sporting event I've been to.

-Nick-

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I love this overall atmosphere. Not just at the game but every where. I mean you go to the bars people are standing up and cheering pitches like they were at the game and they are all going crazy....it's just so nice and i enjoy it so much...

9. Buck Turgidson

Amen, Stack. Hopefully Live is rocking again tonight.

10. Stack24

Yeah it should be as usual for the astros game which i am really loving. i will be there a bit before the game since i am going to it. Can't wait to see the atomosphere hands on.

11. akperez

hmmm---I work right next door! I might have to stop by Live.

12. Stack24

Where do you work?

13. akperez

The Republic Building

14. Stack24

Cool Cool...

15. akperez

I look in all the time...guess I need to stop by! ;)

16. Stack24

Yeah definently would be a good idea....

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

went to both games. it was absolutely amazing. so loud. everyone went nuts when beltran hit it out. i was in the standing room section in the outfield by the bar. thats an awesome place to watch the game. its a younger, mostly drunk crowd.

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I never thought an Astros crowd would be louder than a Texans crowd but in the postseason the fans have really been stepping up. I went to game 3 vs Atl and the crowd went crazy when Beltran hit that 2 run homer.

19. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Someone told me that buzzing sound (killer Bs) was being made by the crowd. Can anybody confirm that? It was so loud, I was sure it was coming over the PA.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was... they have a video graphic that plays along with the buzzing sound whenever a Killer 'B' does something positive at the plate.

But... the crowd WAS loud... louder than any sporting event I've ever been to in Houston.