1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Uprising, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What did this guy read in the Koran that makes him think the US is being talked about? WTF?

The guy is on drugs.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've got that covered. Of course, before doing that, I'd have a huuuuge snorkel going from my basement to the sky put in.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HA HA HA HA HA

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and thats the post that officially keeps this in the Hangout rather than sending it to Poo-flinging Land.
    :D

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We better start investigating terrorist plots to detonate large bombs off the east and west coast to create massive tidal waves in 2007. I'm sure there will be plenty of intel to support attacking the perpetrators of this plot as well. LOL

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Is it happening??

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Allah isn't too amused with all the titty flashing I guess.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great idea bumping this thread.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Then Allah must *really* hate Rio during Carnival. :D

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

yea we all know how accurate and full of good info the kuran has :rolleyes:

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

there is nothing in the Quran that says anything about this guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass so lets not diss the Quran or Islam, especially you "couple of d's" for your sarcastic, ignorant, remark, thanks

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

noob or not, rocketman84 is right. There is no reason to diss the Quran or Islam because of some wacko. That's like Muslims dissing Christianity because of Catholic 'abortion-clinic-bombers'.

16. don grahamleone

What is this supposed to mean, Chance?

17. don grahamleone

I agree that we have done a lot for the world and that we are not to blame for all problems abroad, but you might find it interesting to read the history and current news from other perspectives besides the American one. The American perspective will always tell you that we were the good guys and did nothing wrong, but this view is just our own. There are other perspectives that are out there. A lot of things you might read or hear from non-US citizens will shed new light on this 'nothing in return' idea.

I'm not saying that we are wrong or right to think the way we do, but reading more than one country's view will give you a far truer opinion of America, both good and bad. Look at the way that Charles Barkley was covered by Houston news before and after he came to Houston. We, as Rockets fans, became homers and loved him. That had a lot to do with the propaganda on Charles we were seeing on the news. The same goes for American media and our nation's history. The American media are just another bunch of homers. So, we don't show the bad stuff about ourselves.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kick this to the D&D, please.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

it's the requisite intentionally unintentional anti islam/koran or islamicist dig - which will incite the usual round of accusations and counters and blahbitty blah blah blah

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

`
    exactly, what i do not understand is that people diss the kuran, and not that guy. the Kuran didn't say those things, that guy did. And there are a lot of stupid interpetations of the bible.

I do not understand how people can diss the kuran, and truly believe in the bible. Both are books from the past written by man, in which the will of their god is written. So both have the same credability.