1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe will win MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by whag00, May 2, 2008.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3379397

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant has won the NBA's MVP award for the first time, the Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site Friday night, citing anonymous sources familiar with the outcome of voting by media members.

The newspaper reported that commissioner David Stern will be in Los Angeles next week to present the trophy to Bryant.

"We have not been told anything by the league," Lakers spokesman John Black told The Associated Press.

Bryant, who entered the season as the league's two-time defending scoring champion, had third in the MVP voting twice -- after the 2002-03 campaign, when he averaged 30 points for the first time, and again last season, when Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki won the award.

2. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Congrats to Kobe, he truly deserved it, now go destroy the j*zz! :mad:

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

KOBE PROVE YOUR MVPNESS BY CRUSHING THE JAZZ!!!!!!!

4. qian

qian Contributing Member

Lakers will win easily 4:1

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

In hope he sweeps Sloan's flop squad.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

He deserves it. Just like the Jazz deserve the sweep or the 4-1 loss they are about to face.

I HATE Jazz fans. Those r****ds are probably all so happy right now that they beat the Rockets again...hey guess what dirtbrains? We didn't have Yao. Oh and guess what else? You needed 6 games. Oh and guess what else? You got BLOWN OUT in game 5. Yeah. Real impressive.

Let the boo's rain down on Fisher. I have said this before and I'll say this again: He'll be happy to get booed all the way to the WCF in LA because first of all LA is getting to the WCF and second of all HE KNEW YOU GUYS SUCKED AND JUMPED SHIP. You are never going to win a championship so shove it.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

All other things aside, he did deserve it.

The knock on him when Shaq was around was that you can't win MVP as a second banana. Fair enough. Then, the knock was that you can't win MVP no matter how good you are if your team isn't one of the elite teams in the league.

To me, this was a no brainer. The guy is in his prime and his team is the one of the best (if not the best) team in the league. Of course, after Dirk won MVP last season I figured logic and consistency had nothing to do with the award so seeing someone else win it this year would not have shocked me. It's good to see a deserving guy get reward this season.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am not with you guys. Sorry. Chris Paul deserved it. Kobe may be the better player. But there isn't an award for that.

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

He deserves it 100% and now that the Rockets are eliminated I'm breaking out my Kobe jersey! Go lakers!

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i was going for kobe after tmac...