1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Some players never do though. Look at Allen Iverson or Kobe Bryant as examples. There is no way you could get those guys to take lesser roles, they just sulked instead. I'm thinking Melo is one of those kind of guys.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Honestly no. I think melos value has been completely killed at this point. We have a good thing going on right now.

Dantoni doesnt need that headache. #HA2700

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

"who me?" "they said i have to come off the bench B LOL"

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. rockets13champs

Bro I’m talking about Melo. If I was speaking about you accepting reality I would say “you” but I said “he”

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess you didnt understand where those quotes came from and who actually said it

DonKnock and hieuytran like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He’s just quoting melos bishass refusing to come off the bench lol

DonKnock and hieuytran like this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The man shooting 34% from 3s for career average. He's garbage. He's not the kind of player that would fit our system. All we need now is a Draymond green type of player. Also, if you think Howard was bad, this dude cry more than howard and play alot worst, offensively and defensively, overall super trash for the kind of money he's getting paid.

#13248 Rockets4lf, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

THISSS is the only way I get MELO. If he is willing to come to a winner and come off the bench and accept his role. We wont have to pay him, and this will make our bench with CP3 running with the backups, one of the best benches in NBA HISTORY. Adding melo to the bench will almost certainly make us better than GS and push us over the top. Just toooo much offense to handle for any other team, including the warriors.

bawanyh likes this.
  10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol every bench player on the team was probably like "that disrespek tho"

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

What I don't understand is why he would have to come off the bench?
    Melo could probably do what Anderson does as a starting PF.
    I think he would be more motivated here playing in uptempo and fun atmosphere - OKC just doesn't look like a fun place to play IMHO.
    Moreover, our bench would be lethal adding a player of Anderson's caliber.
    If we are getting a bought out (by OKC mgmt) Melo on a low end contract, I would be all for it.
    My main reason is we don't really need regular season production, we need playoffs production (especially his ability to score the ball / generate offense).
    Paul - EGo
    Harden - MBM
    Ariza - Tucker
    Melo - Anderson
    CC - Nene

That is a d@mn good, legit 10 man playoff rotation. 3 hard core scorers & 2+ defenders with 1st unit. 2 hard core scorers & 3+ defenders with the 2nd unit.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty simple. bc hes a selfish ball stopper who isnt as good of a 3pt shooter that you need next to jh/cp13

crash5179, DonKnock and RudyTBag like this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I hear you. But I honestly believe that he feels he has to play like that in OKC b/c RW & PG are scorers first.
    In Htown, you can literally see the joy that CP3 & Harden have in passing the ball.
    Meaning they wouldn't mind feeding Melo - making him back into a 20+ PPG scorer WITHIN the flow of the offense = Melo happy & dominating again.
    Melo was averaging over 3 assists per game - UNTIL OKC. OKC = where dreams go to die.

BigggReddd likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's the problem. feeding him the ball over and over isnt what this team is missing. iso heavy offense is very low on the list. And when he becomes that oh so often black hole, then what. that absolutely shakes up the dynamic of this team and how an mda offense operates.

s3ts likes this.
  16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

That's why I was pointing out the assists. Melo is a very capable ball handler (TWSS) and distributor. He plays ISO in NYC & OKC b/c that's what is asked of him. He was a distributor & facilitator (+ scorer within the offense) in international play.
    I think we saw what Melo was capable of in an MDA offense during the Olympics.
    At the end of the day, would I add Melo to this roster (esp. for playoffs) at almost no cost ? Yes, I would in a nano-second.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no hes not. and no he doesnt play iso bc teams ask him to. thats the type of player he is and the issue most of have with him bc he hasn't changed. what, you think hell start cutting and dribbling when he gets here? not a chance

honestly if melo is what he is in NY and currently how he is in okc, I wouldnt want him anywhere near my team at all. just too much of a negative impact on a team. id rather not deal with someone who's gonna pout and immediately reject any thoughts on how to make their team better bc they put themselves first and are worried about getting their touches

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

How's Melo gonna be available at almost no cost?

When he signed w/ NYK instead of HOU, I knew immediately it was about the money. He's gonna stay in the NBA draining 20+ mil per season, ain't gonna take a penny less.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I posted in this thread and the one pre Dwight about melo saying the same crap..stay away. Attitude makes a big difference..just look at what co3 has been able to change.

20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

If he were paid by OKC to go away if they were out of the playoffs was the presumption I was working under (may not happen in reality, but if it did....)