1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I've honestly believed him the whole time. Very solid dude. With all the bs heat he's been given, he's handled it like a champ.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The issue with SAS is that he mixes in his reporting and his opinions so much that it's impossible to tell the difference.

For one example, his "report" on June 28 that Carmelo would join the Rockets by trade, but Cavaliers by buyout, literally made no sense. For starters, the Cavs actually had more trade assets to give up than the Rockets (which is clear now). But beyond that, the idea that a player with a NTC would be angling so hard to join one team by trade, but then choose to go somewhere entirely different if he were a free agent... that was beyond illogical. (And of course, many people -- including me -- tried to make that clear from the outset, but it took until the Woj report on July 15 before everyone finally accepted that Houston was the priority regardless.)

I think SAS has real connections, especially among players... and sometimes gets real info... but he's so arrogant that he takes his own opinions far too seriously, and then he mixes those with the information and it's impossible to know what's what. Then you factor in that some of his opinions are laughably uninformed (such as the Capela one) and his general homerism for the Knicks, and it's just a mess.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Further, any deadline associated with a CBA rule or a Contract would have already been big news in this melodrama. **** like that doesn't slip passed people. I'm sure Bima and Bobby Marks and Albert Nahmad are sifting through all that stuff and advising guys like Woj/Shams on possible "pause" points.

For instance, I was wow'd at first that nobody picked up on Crabbe not being tradeable to Nets until Tuesday, so it temporarily added reason to Burt SteeleDay. I later found out Crabbe was actually tradeable about 10 days ago, and was indeed already news wrt Melodrama...but old news at this point....thus not something that made Tuesday a trigger date that no one picked up on.

ElPigto and DonKnock like this.
  4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No one's going to make that accusation on the record now because it's impossible to prove, short of exposing text messages and getting in an incredibly public war... which no one wants to do while there's still a reasonable chance the deal can be salvaged. But the confidence of the players involved on all sides is directly because of that promise, which has been reported by Potato and alluded to in many, many other reports.

Either Melo will be in Houston, or it will come out even more than it already has. That simple.

5. heypartner

Gotta love this one on the last page where Clutch locked the thread

Thanks for the info pounder - and try to ignore the entitled little nitwits that b**** about people sharing what they hear.

DD
    Yo, DD, don't be so naive to a troll, next time. It was pretty freaking obvious.

"Entitled little nitwits"

Yeah, I agree that the inmates are running the asylum. But your post is meant only to bash, too, no? You're just bashing GARM posters vs a 5-day old attention w**** with Fake news. Or at best really weak watercooler gossip/guess shared by of a friend, not worth a new thread. Given the context of creating new Melo "News" thread in the GARM nowadays, looks like it annoyed Clutch.

#2005 heypartner, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Yeah, Faried + Harris + Hernangomez/FRP would be an interesting package.

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL @ holding them hostage. It's like they didn't realize what a NTC was when they included it in his contract

alethios, tbw914 and justtxyank like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

As I said, the irony of DD being the one who warned about the people [complaining] is too much.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. justtxyank

Maybe they didn't.

My experience with rich, powerful businessmen from NY is that they don't really understand the details. I wonder if the Knicks are tired of winning.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Knicks would have to first win in order to get tired of it, no? :D

arabrocket likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

Bro Stephen a is full of bullshit.

12. justtxyank

[​IMG]

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I probably check twice a day for a stickied thread to announce something...my advice to those that are hung on this...don't be. You have a life to go out and live. Go have fun, stop with the obsession. I said this on one of the first pages, this is the Knicks we're talking about. They can't do anything right.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

lmao... yeah i know. I tried to take it a step further #fail lol

justtxyank likes this.
  15. heypartner

that's funny. It was Phil Jackson's idea to try to convince Melo to waive the NTC, so he could trade him.

Now that's called black-mailing, because he's not widening the teams. Why didn't you say a month ago that "Melo should just let us trade him whereever the best deal is, and drop his NTC altogether." I mean, come-on SAS; you are backing into that line of reasoning now that you can make Melo look like he's blackmailing vs you looking like a greedy fan

Not sure if this was posted. Bima shows how ontop of things SAS is.

DonKnock and MghtyPtrck like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Good thing that Stephen A says things authoritatively all the time and ends up being wrong. Otherwise I'd be worried. Sounds like the Knicks are using the media to buy leverage.

justtxyank and BigM like this.
  17. Rockets713

Rockets713 New Member

All I gotta say is: this better be true

I know you guys love you some DMorey but he has let a lot of players slip through his fingers throughout the years: Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry, Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudamire (in prime), Chris Bosh (in prime), to name a few.... and Chris Paul came here because of Harden recruiting him, not Morey...

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I bet you can go bigger somehow.Make it go to 11!

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1st post: 2017

Sounds like an alter account....ijs