1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kitty showed up with problems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by likestohypeguy, Dec 19, 2013.

1. likestohypeguy

out of nowhere on my front porch a few minutes ago. It won't stop crying, & I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with it. Even after it ate, it still cries with every breath, nonstop.

It seems to walk fine, but IDK if it could have broken bones anyway, or something else wrong. Just won't stop wailing, and acting generally weird. Guessing it was probably dumped here, & that's why.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

It's in heat. You know what to do.

2 people like this.
  3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Damn that sucks. I hate having that helpless feeling. Try feeling around it's body, keep your mind out the gutter weirdos, and see if it reacts negatively to any specific areas. Try to feel for any bumps in the bone structure or any abnormalities.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It's crying for your future, for having crossed paths with a black cat.

5. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

[​IMG]

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Apparently, you don't like to hype. :eek:

7. The Law

The Law Member

Bathtub. Anchor.

8. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

It is male? It could have a urinary blockage. Does it keep on licking itself or act like it doesn't want to pee?

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

1. Take it to the vet
    2. Locate mother cat
    3. [​IMG]

10. likestohypeguy

Blockage makes sense- it doesn't react any more negatively to feeling for structural damage as suggested, it is a male, and I haven't seen it go at all yet.

Either way I can't take it to the vet now, and I'm not mercy killing it either. Guess I have to see if animal control can pick it up, or is there something else I can do for it? I'm leaving my door cracked in hopes it wanders back out. I don't think it knows what a doggy door is.

:(

I've made a huge mistake.

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Look for a no kill shelter, though many of them stay pretty full. If you can, take him to an economy clinic to see what the problem is.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

you just gained a cat. Congratulations.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

You should be the one crying. You're now a cat owner.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

It is scared.....

OF YOU

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

kitty needs a hug

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wild cats don't meow. When raised by people, they learn as kittens that the big hairless monkeys will pay attention to them when they do so. They don't make eye contact with other cats, so when they look straight at you and meow repeatedly, they are very domesticated.

It looks healthy so someone has probably been taking care of it. It does have a couple of notches in one ear from fighting, so its been outside before.

I would check in ears for dirt and check for fleas, which would tell how long it's been on its own. If it is clean, the answer is probably "not very long", in which case it's is probably lost/scared and looking for a person to fix that. Presumably, walking up to a person and screaming repeatedly has usually worked in the past when it has had a problem.

If it is freshly lost, someone might put up 'lost' signs looking for in in a day or two. If someone cares about iy, it msy have a subcutaneous microchip with contact info thsa a vet can read. Alternately, some @sshole POS may have raised and cared for the cat for its entire life, and just decided to dump it because it became inconvenient, in which case the cat will soon come to a horrible end as it slowly starves to death unless someone decides to care for it.

tl; dr: it's upset and wants attention

#16 Ottomaton, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Similar thing happened to us. We've taken care of it and lives above our garage now.

What area do you live in btw? Just curious because there have been A LOT of wild black cats with green eyes, who were clearly indoor cats, being kicked out near my parents house. I see them every time I visit.

18. New Generation

That's a beautiful cat, congratulations.

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

congrats on the new cat. here's a pic of our two that we sent out with christmas cards this year.

[​IMG]

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This^^^

You're its new hero (in its mind). Don't let it down.