1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kings or Mavs the better team in 2015-2016?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BallSoHarden, Jul 7, 2015.

Tags:
?

Mavs or Kings with better record in 15-16?

1. Kings

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. Mavs

68 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Nobody touched yet DJ's cardinal problem - his FT%. He is effective only when he can throw the ball down. Otherwise you can foul him anywhere. The Kings have three big men that can contest his dunks (read: can also take 15 fouls doing so). So, I agree, DJ is going to have problems without CP3 and BG.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

both teams are not relevant in the west, so who cares who will be better.

3. baubo

baubo Member

They thought this last year too. Mavs I believe were ranked by most to be above the Rockets last year.

Then they got Rondo, and everyone thought Cuban's 2011 was a clear success because they finally rebuilt into a contender again.

In Dallas, players like Parsons, Mathews, Rondo, and Jordan are considered championship studs. Parsons couldn't get past the first round as 3rd option in Houston. DJ couldn't get past the 2nd round as 3rd option in LA. Mathews couldn't get past 2nd round as 3rd option in Portland. But of course, to Dallas fans, 3 3rd options that never went anywhere + 38yr old rapidly aging Dirk is now championships? Only in Dallas do they buy that crap.

1 person likes this.
  4. Exiled

Exiled Member

Mavs are fun to watch this year..but that's it

5. dontfaulkup28

dontfaulkup28 Member

Then what fans u are seeing are not true mavs fans and they are those who think they are best team every season....I am a die hard mavs fan and a rockets fan (more mavs) and to expect a title is ridiculous....it is the nba so anything can happen but this is meant as a multi year plan to build a young core. We will see how it translates to this season but I doubt any title.....in regards to his ft shooting it's funny he has been in Dallas a few days now and he isn't able to leave the gym without making 1000 fts a day hahaha now how long that takes idk but I do know the mavs have great ft coach's

6. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Wow I swear I saw a thread on here a couple days ago saying he signed with Miami :confused:.