1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG In Blockbuster Trade With Nets?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAfadeaway33, Jun 14, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

If I'm Chi, I don't trade Chandler for KG straight up. Chandler will be better than KG.

:eek:

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

You obviously missed the point.

If the TWolves players aren't as good as the Nets, how is MIN going to be better than a NJ that just got spanked by the WC.

Perhaps it would help if you read the post a little more slowly? :D

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wouldn't do that if I was the Nets. Martin is on his way to becoming another Garnett. KVH is excellent. Kittles is SOLID.
    If they trade Wally for a and Mark Jackson for a good center. They will be able to beat the Lakers. Say they Trade Wally, and Jackson for Curry.(Not sayin the Bulls would do this):
    Curry
    Martin
    Van Horn
    Kittles
    Brandon

That is probably the best all-around lineup in the league.

4. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

You're REALLY high on the kid. I mean, I am too---but what is it you see?

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The best trade or most likely trade for Garnett is Allen,Thomas,and Mason for kg. It makes sense to both teams and both can still be playoff bound. The bucks could play it safe and wait and see who falls in their lap at 13 also.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That's an awesome deal for the Wolves. If I'm Wolves management, I'd be all over that.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The New Jersey one, that is.

8. Asian Sensation

Martin?!? Kittles and Van Horn? wow thats a good deal for the Wolves... For NJ you would have 2 superstars but what else? Kmart played KG"esque" games in 3 and 4 and it showed that wasn't nearly enough. How is KG and KIDD supposed to carry a team by themselves?

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I see good athleticism, mixed with great size at SF. In high school, he had a very good jumper. Once he can develop that in the NBA, looko out. He also will definitely need to work on developing his handle better, but I see 25 ppg potential in him.

I like him a lot. Curry, on the other hand...

10. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Who said the Rockets ever offered that trade? The deal that you made up is just stupid. If you offered that trade to the Timberwolves, they would laugh in your face.

11. napster

napster Member

It's called satire.

12. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, KG's contract is a franchise-killer. You can't reload. You can't sign any talent you might draft. You can't sign any FA's.
    You're stuck with KG, a good affordable but older, injury prone pg,
    and filler. If they can trade Wally for frontcourt help, they could contend - but I don't see it. It's hard to trade small for big for a reason. Unloading KG's contract would give the franchise a chance to reload with capped contracts, and also probably result in some lotto picks, giving a full stable of quality, affordable talent after two-three years.

I think the Twolves can get a better offer for KG, but consider the deal on it's merits :

Jackson
    KMart/Joe Smith
    Van Horn
    Wally/Peeler
    Brandon/Billups

Brandon will need replacing, and Wally will want to go. Trade both for lotto picks( and maybe a player back), and reload at center, pg. Buy a sg in FA -gs are the cheapest positions in the league. Or-keep Wally for another year, let him star, then re-look at trading him after a super-scoring star year.

Lotto/Jackson
    KMart/Smith
    Van Horn/Lotto
    Wally/Kittles
    Billups/Lotto/FA

You have lotto picks left over. You should now be loaded with talent.

Your Lotto players are your future franchise stars. KMart and KVH are good complementary role players. They can be traded also.

Not so bad. Certainly gives the franchise more room to manuever and pursue new talent.
    p

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

K-Mart is very good, but will never be the caliber of player KG is. KG is also only about a year and half older, in fact I think he will still be effective in this league longer because K-Mart will have less to keep him excellent once he loses a step or a little spring in his legs.

KVH is OK but he is way overpayed, plus if you read between the lines from K-Mart you know he isn't a hard nosed player that brings it. KVH is pretty comparable to Cliff Robinson, a player that can do a quite few things on offense though no one thing great and who doesn't play tenacious ball--and we know how many teams Cliff has played on. KVH is also relatively expendable for the Nets because they have a younger more athletic SF coming along (Jefferson).

Kittles sucks. There are not too many starting 2s worse than he is, in fact he doubly sucks at his ridiculus salary.

If I am NJ I try real hard to trade KVH and Kittles this offseason (Nets sapre parts IMO). Thus to the Nets this trade is little more than Kenyon and a box of overpayed peanuts for KG. NO WAY!!

Chandler for KG? No way. There are less than 5 players worth KG and Chandler isn't one of them. Maybe Chandler and (#2 pick) Jason Williams plus fillers would be tempting.

My trade of Francis, Rice, Cato, & Eddie Griffin for KG looks better for Minnesotta than any deal so far and I would think hard about doing it if Minnesotta wanted to do it.

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Curry was a better NBA scorer his first game than Chandler is now.

He got benched for not playing D...the one thing Chandler excelled in.

And they project him to play PF, not SF.

15. TexasG

TexasG Member

But don't forget that Odom, and Maggette are free agents plus Miles will be a free agent next year. Odom and Maggette could be resigned (then traded) and Miles could recieve an extension. The combination of those three (new) contracts should be enough to match KG's (in theory).