1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(KEVIN MCHALE) Rockets Bobcats 96-83 season opener post game interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OgXZn2YhJjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Marteen

Marteen Member

Good stuff. I agree with what he said about the Rockets not looking like themselves. They looked so great in the pre-season, but their offense did not look like it usually did (might have to do with the injuries to Harden and Beverly).

Thanks for posting.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Since Jan 2013 ;)

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

wow, aren't you clever!

no that's not THE headline - and it's not my job to write the headline. and FYI the actual headline was "rockets lean on lin".

BUT, since mchale talked about the "stickiness" of the offense, it makes sense to hear what lin had to say about it.

but if you want to play that 2012, 2013 game and call me LOF and doesn't care about the team? go ahead, knock yourself out.

7. Fighton

Fighton Member

not, but since we're talking about mchale's interview and everyone is zeroed in on his comment about the ball being "sticky", thought i post what jlin had to say about it.

8. rocketblood713

So basically McHale saing what Lin said the ball got sticky ..so then didn't McHale call out the team too ?

9. Play07

Play07 Member

Rockets’ offensive rhythm returns day after sluggish showing in season opener: Coach Kevin McHale and the Rock... http://t.co/yS2ZHxfJHB

Kinda funny how certain players don't practice now all of a sudden the offense back running right????? we'll duhhhh Mchale you had one of the best offenses in the league last year the real run and gun the league al talked about teams could hang with that, our disadvantage was defense when asik was out the game, u signed HOWARD that fixed that problem !! If the offense wasn't broke why fix it !!!!

10. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Newsflash preseason doesn't provide a gauge of anything meaningful.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Do you really have to copy and paste the same post in 5-6 different threads every time you post?

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Methinks he doth protest too much.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Cool videos and links, wack LOF blah.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's clever and happens to have the added benefit of being a fact.

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Wait, are we talking about PRACTICE?! "... we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? ... And we talking about practice."

Sorry, was too hard to resist throwing AI into the mix. :grin:

And yes, I expect us to run the Rockets' offense that we know and saw in the preseason tomorrow against the Mavs.

17. Oracle

Oracle Member

I agree with McHale about the comments on the offensive end. Need to be speeded up big time. The Rockets should easily make well over 100 points in this kind of game. It's clear, however, that the Rockets defence this year can compensate on off days in the offensive end. I hope it doesn't become a habit though.