1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale doesn’t think James Harden is a leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Oct 6, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden could win a chip and fans on this very website will still find a way to pick apart him.

Harden for whatever reason is one of the most disliked superstars I have seen in a while.

It's really strange.

He's a good guy, never gets in trouble off the court and give back to the community, puts on charity events and camps for the youth.

It's easy to say ohh man harden keeps flaming out in the playoffs without putting it into context.

He's a one man team in terms of stars. Eric Gordon and Chandler parsons are literally the best players he's played with in houston till cp3.

How does paul George do in the east on a one man team? 41-41 get swept in the 1st round , gets no flack because he's a "two way player" it's total bs.

Westbrook wins 47 games loses to harden in the playoffs and the narrative is russ is so great he battled to keep team alive. Reality is he shot every shot in the 4th quarter and didn't even attempt to get guys involved.

The list can go on Lebron lost in the 2nd round a lot when he was a one man show his first go around in clevland.

Point is it's hard to judge harden playoffs success when history shows that he's done as good as just about anyone put in that situation.

MVP runner up 2/3 years been a a WCF and has 3 playoffs series wins and 2 55+ win season in that span.

Think about what player besides Kawi Leonard and harden is doing this? None.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is that fertitta who shakes the cop's hand and exits at 1:03?

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

yeah, looks like him.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What a bad look for McHale.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Great post

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Aldridge and Pau were both former All stars, Ginobili was able to give them solid playoff performances.

Kawhi still had tons of help even if it wasn't top tier

DreamShook likes this.
  7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Most superstars don't repeatedly have their effort questioned like Harden does and I think that's the biggest reason a lot of people outside of the Rox fan base don't really care for him.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

funny most outside of the rox fanbase dont care for him, but they have the time to make edited film on youtube claiming how overrated he is

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BIG DICK HARDEN BABAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

J.R. likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The true and he has Pop but my point is he's the most comparable guy to doing what harden is doing and honestly I like our team even without cp3 over what the Spurs have.

But what you say is true and valid.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

I think the anti-Harden chatter would drop dramatically if he helped the team win a chip.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'll say this and I really think it's true.

Harden could win a chip get finals MVP and media and fans alike would still put him outside the top 5 players in the game.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Factor in GM survey says harden is 4th in bbiq, 3rd best passer in the NBA, 3rd best player behind Lebron and curry who are the hardest to gamelan for. The best sg by the largest margin of any position, 4th most likely to win MVP this year.

Yet harden by most media and fans is closer to the 10th best player than the 1st and that's just flat out a crime.

He's better than Westbrook by a wide margin but for some reason russ can do no wrong.

He's just as bad on defense as harden but he constantly gets labels a great defender because of the media it's a damn joke

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't think so, Harden leading a team to a title and winning FMVP would erase a lot of the bias against him

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't know man if any other player did what harden did last year with that team they would be seen as a top 3 player easy imo. Yet harden isn't even in the top 5 highest Iv seen him is 6th and most list still have him at 7 or 8 which is a joke.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know.. The hate is strong. Harden puts up historic numbers and he misses out on 1st team honors... That's bare minimum for a star like Harden and they take that away. They will find a way to slight him.. it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Harden wins a ring they forget about it all together. They really dislike him.

YaoMing#1 and DonKnock like this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sigh

This is why WB was MVP. Harden missed the Golden Opportunity to say, "Who's he?"

[​IMG]

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

alethios, pippendagimp and DreamShook like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree that having Harden at 7 or 8 behind guys like Anthony Davis is a huge joke, Harden should be top 5

the media and a lot of fans in general won't put him in the top 3 because of his performances in the postseason...winning a title and a FVMP would do a lot to change the narrative surrounding Harden

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden gives them ammo with stuff like game 5 against GS and game 6 against SA

Harden winning a ring and a FMVP would be the definition of "shutting people up" IMO. If Harden leads a team to a title while having a monster series in the finals to win FVMP, then what could they really say at that point?

alethios likes this.