1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kerr: Curry, Thompson questionable for game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Batman Jones, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26620060/curry-thompson-questionable-game-1

Kerr: Curry, Thompson questionable for Game 1

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors All-Stars Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are "questionable" for Sunday's Game 1 against the Houston Rocketsin the NBA's Western Conference semifinals because of right ankle injuries, according to Warriors coach Steve Kerr.

"He's OK," Kerr said Saturday of Thompson. "He and Steph both came in this morning to get some treatment. And I haven't even spoken with [Warriors director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] yet today so we're upstairs watching film and getting ready. We'll see how they're doing [Sunday]. I'm not going to make a definitive statement on whether they'll both play -- let's just call it questionable. And there's nothing implied there; they both came in today and got some work, and we'll see how they're doing [Sunday]."

Curry turned his right ankle toward the end of the first quarter of Friday's series-clinching victory over the LA Clippers. He went to the Warriors' locker room to get it checked out before checking back into that Game 6, but he was limping as he walked into the postgame news conference. Kerr acknowledged that Thompson's sprain, which came in the third quarter Friday night, was more severe than initially thought.

"It was a significant sprain," Kerr said. "He was limping last night. So as I said, we'll see how he's doing [Sunday]."

Thompson was also limping as he left Staples Center on Friday night and admitted that the ankle was "sore," but he said he was confident he would be ready for Game 1 of the Rockets series.

"I anticipate going fully on Sunday so it'll be all right," Thompson said immediately after the game.

For his part, Kerr isn't concerned about his team's focus or energy heading into Game 1. The Warriors wish they could have taken care of business sooner in the first round, but Kerr believes his team is more prepared for the Rockets series because it had to grind through a tough Clippers squad.

"I think they're more energized that we're here," Kerr said of his team. "I think we are happy to get past the Clippers; they were fantastic. They prepared us well for this series. I'm not worried about the energy because here we are, it's the playoffs and no matter what we do, at max there's six weeks left in the season. At minimum there's a couple weeks, so we're near the finish line. So our guys are going to have plenty of motivation, plenty of energy. I'm more worried about the nagging injuries right now from [Friday] night, so we'll see what happens."

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m hoping Green cranks up whatever crap he’s listening to even louder than it was when Kerr whined about it, because it bothered his “press conference” at practice. Maybe it will drive Kerr crazy, as if he needs the help.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Curry's ankle has been bugging him for awhile now. He had to leave the game after tweeking it again last night...the clips did us a big favor by not letting them get a lot of recovery time. I'm sure they'll play though, it's just more kerr BS talk.

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Go in with the mentality that they’re both playing.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Yep. Possibly a trap. Don’t fall for it Rockets.

And f***** Steve Kerr.

6. TheSource

TheSource Member

I hope they both play because for some reason we play down to our competition so actually I would fill more confident if they were fully healthy

7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

They'll both play, ignore the bs

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let the good times roll your ankle I guess

9. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

People who think like this never win championships.

Do you think the Warriors thought the same way when they won the past 3 of 4 championships?

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Nice tactic Worriers....

DavidRocket likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

DEFINITELY a trap. nothing is wrong with them that treatment, wraps, and adrenaline wont fix.

12. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Steve Kerr playing head games. Ofcourse they will play.

13. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Kerr is a pos of course they’re playing

Lawlruschang and Nook like this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They will both play, but these are legit injuries they played through to close out the Clippers series. I saw them both when they happened. They looked pretty bad.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

MDA should announce everyone's questionable on our team

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

For sure. Historically we always seem to drop the ball when good players are out for the other team.

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

“You only won because Jordan didn’t play” all fu%^%^€ over again.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I want them healthy because I want to beat them straight up.