1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith Picks the Warriors to Win Game 4 - the Lunatic!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deckard, May 6, 2019.

1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

He's a national broadcaster, it'd be unprofessional for any ex player to be a vocal homer for his ex team. You don't see Chuck rooting for the Suns, Shaq for the Magic etc etc.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I wish Leslie Alexander would have repossessed Kenny smith's ring, not our trophies

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he gave an explanation, and it was actually the most sense he made all night. The Warriors barely lost game 3 with Steph having an absolutely terrible game. He expected him to have a big bounce back game, and that would be enough to put them over the top.

Compare that with Shaq, who offered no explanation for why he picked the Rockets this game other than a desire for the series to go 7 games.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

What I don't understand is how these guys watch a game and cannot even mention some things they saw that was key to our victory, not even the obvious. I am not asking for an elaborate report that is grammatically correct and just sounds nice, but is actually 100% crap like Kenny spewed about not applying / using force. We don't expect much from you guys, just give us some credit even if it's voiced by some fat guys who cannot speak English properly.

RyanB likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The difference, at least for me, @durvasa, is that I expect Shaq to mumble and not make any sense half the time. Maybe more than half the time. I could point out that his team lost badly to the Rockets in the Finals back in the day, at the end of that historic run by Houston, the Rockets winning 9 road games, beating four 50 win teams, a record beating accomplishment. We were the first team in NBA history to sweep a Finals series to win a repeat title, and other records I forget. The Rockets put Shaq and his team in all sorts of records during that glorious run, but I won’t go there. Why? Because of the praise he heaped on Hakeem later, a very classy thing to do. Yet Shaq, despite his history with Houston, picked Houston to win last night, along with Charles, making Kenny’s pick of Oakland even more inexplicable. It makes him appear to be a bad actor playing a role in one of the great plays put on by @Batman Jones. In other words, the actor stands out from the others, and not in a good way.

I continue to expect more from Kenny, but I won’t denigrate his play during our championships. Every player can fumble when everything is on the line. Dream himself got thrown out of game 5 for slugging Mitch Kupchak after being goaded into it. Riley used every trick in the book to try and win. That is one of his most famous. Sampson shocked the Lakers and the world by making The Shot, a miracle, eliminating the defending NBA champions, the Lakers a truly great team filled with tremendous players, but Olajuwon was in the locker room. Even the best can miss a crucial free throw, or a game winning 3, or get beaten defensively because he was outmatched at that end when it mattered most. It doesn’t mean that a series or a championship wouldn’t have been won without him.

So Kenny? He’s been a mystery to me since he became a TV “talking head.” He’s appeared to have gone out of his way over the years to not support his former team, a team he got rings with. Paul Pierce clearly leans towards the Celtics, given half a chance, and I don’t mind, because he’s human and I understand it. Sure, I still consider Kenny a human being, but I think he has issues when it comes to the Rockets, which seems weird to me. Yes, he picked them to win the series in 7, but then picks Oakland in game 4. It was a contradiction and very surprising. Surprising to me.

I may have gone overboard using “Traitor” in the thread title. You didn’t mention it, but I’ve been considering this morning changing that word to something else. There are endless less pejorative words I could use. Goofus, chump, idiot, and worse. I still might do that.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Kenny Smith is a disgrace to Clutch City

7. mastan

mastan Member

Kenny picked Rockets for the series... so this thread doesn't make sense.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Kenny would be just another loser if it weren’t for Rudy T.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yet he picked GS to win game 4, so I guess he was expecting us to come back from down 3-1?

Kenny is a huge sellout

Kenny is that dude u used to be really cool with back in the day, then u see him a couple of years later and he acts like he doesn’t even know u...fck Kenny

HP3, BamBam and Blurr#7 like this.