1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We got to this point when: the Republicans - with an assist from the Russians - in their endless crusade to help destroy the ever living **** out of the powerless on behalf of the powerful, elected an admitted rapist, among other things. The rapist then nominated another accused rapist to the Supreme Court because he felt there was a good chance that that rapist would try to exonerate him for his various other crimes.

This is the same point we were at last year when the Republicans and the first rapist tried to install a pedophile in the Senate

I dont need some website to tell me this - it's where we are and have been for two ****ing years now.

Thanks for the link though- will definitely read!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure kavanaugh has not been accused of rape.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Kavanaugh is a rapist? Are you serious? Give me a break. Bill Clinton is a proven rapist many times over. Brett Kavanaugh is an honorable man. Obama was a gay prostitute to pay for his college and had his Chicago choir director gay-lover Donald Young murdered. There's more evidence for that than there is for any of the absurd charges that you just raised.

GOOD DAY

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just another way of saying that you are full of ****. You are making a flat out false claim, so I called you on it.....and you seemingly knew you couldn't defend the point so you didn't try.

You are correct, your argument is a bad one, if the evidence was truly compelling in the least, it would trigger a criminal investigation.....in reality there isn't any actual evidence, so the best she gets is an opportunity to tell her story and have that be the end of it. It's really just a kindness more so than anything.

That's not true in the least, but then again it's just another inaccurate statement in a long line of them from you.

LOL, none of what you said was based in reality. You are just parroting far left talking points that would be the same no matter who was named to fill that SCOTUS seat. In fact, they were already writing up that propaganda before they even found out who was named, they just filled in Kavanaugh's name once he was named and printed it out.

luckystrikes likes this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sure. Right after the FBI checks Christine Ford's bank accounts for the last six months to see what political payments she has received, they can check the phone records you are suggesting. You are good with that, right?

mick fry likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You need a drink or ten Sam.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Claire McCaskill says she's voting 'no' on Brett Kavanaugh

McCaskill called the allegations "disturbing" but said she would "set them aside" when deciding how to vote on Kavanaugh.

"I have been thorough in examining Judge Kavanaugh’s record," McCaskill said in the statement. "And while the recent allegations against him are troubling and deserve a thorough and fair examination by the Senate Judiciary Committee, my decision is not based on those allegations but rather on his positions on several key issues, most importantly the avalanche of dark, anonymous money that is crushing our democracy."

8. foh

foh Member

Do you seriously think he is a democratic operative who is in on an incredibly complicated conspiracy and would be afraid of what you are suggesting?? People are asking for investigation of ALL involved parties. Amazing.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

There is no basis for an FBI investigation. It would have to be done locally.

10. foh

foh Member

Please read my excerpt from an NBC story on what FBI tends to do at the request of White House when there is a political need to vet someone. It's posted some posts above. FBI does background checks on people president nominates - it's a pretty standard procedure.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I don't need to read anything. The FBI has already done one of the most extensive background checks in the history of the republic on Brett Kavanaugh. They already looked at the accusers letter and added it to the background check file. They are not going to revisit that. It is done.

There have been no federal statutes violated here except in the addled minds of fringe lunatic left (and some not so "fringe"), so the FBI has no basis for a criminal investigation. So that is not happening either.

The accuser apparently does not know either the date or the place where the event was supposedly held. Also, all the people who she named as being there have very consistently and convincingly insisted that they did not attend any such party and are unaware of any such party. There is literally no evidence upon which to base a local investigation of this matter. Zero. Nothing.

If Christine Ford does not show up Monday - after publicly stating that she wanted to testify about this before Congress - then whatever tiny sliver of credibility she has left will be destroyed. If she shows up, they will cross-examine her under oath and she will be shown out as the fraud that she is. Which is of course an excellent reason for her not to come.

Anyway, unless the Democrats have some new sleazy lies and despicable smears that they want to invoke - which they very well might - then this is likely all but done.

12. WNBA

WNBA Member

of course. FBI should step in. From my point of view, this is an easy case now. too many cracks.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is the value of Ford testifying if that's all there is? Unless they also speak to the other witnesses and do an investigation - it's just her word against his. Frankly, it's a joke to say making her travel to DC to appear on tv where the right can smear her and everyone who is sending her death threats can get a good look at her - it makes no sense.

This woman has to now have a security detail. She is being publically smeared. But the more time that passes, the more credible her allegations are becoming as more information is revealed.

It's just sad on here people would rather smear her than investigate the truth.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty interesting, given that she's trailing ever so slightly in the polls to Republican Josh Hawley in a red state that Trump won pretty easily in 2016. I would have thought she might vote for Kavanaugh in order to give her an advantage in her Senate race....she might have just handed the election to Hawley with this announcement.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If they confirm him without an investigation, I see the Republican party as a traitor to our nation and everything it stands for

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I wonder if they would be willing to lie to protect their friend while under oath

17. Nook

Nook Member

He will get confirmed and there will be political consequences down the line for the Republican Party as they will have 2 of their 5 Justices having been accused of credible sexual assault charges. That won’t go away.

Couple that with a President that is a known sexual predator and a VP that won’t meet with women unless his wife is present; and you have a party that is not concerned with the rights of women.

No one knows what the long term consequences will be, but there will be some.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....that word shouldn't be used in this instance.

mick fry likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

My thoughts exactly.

Haley +0.6 over McCaskill in a supertight race in Missouri per RCP:
    https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls...kill-6280.html

The Democrats must be whipping McCaskill with a full blast flamethrower for her to come out and announce her vote early on this, with her political life hanging by a thread in a Republican leaning state.

In any case, McCaskill's vote is not needed for confirmation. If she follows through with this vote, that will increase the likelihood of her losing her Senate seat in November. So I will definitely count this decision by her - If she sticks with it - as very good news.

20. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

So now it's 3 people saying it never happened to 1, and the one person has made several conflicting statements on the matter, and can not even provide a simple where and when. She didn't want to be outed, but the Dems leaked her name, so she had to tell her story to the WP, her attorney said she was willing to testify in front of the committee, but now she's unwilling to do so, probably because lying to Congress under oath is a federal crime. I can see why she wants the FBI to investigate, she can't keep her story straight. She needs an accurate accounting from a 3rd party source so she won't perjure herself.

Either she shows up Monday, or the committee moves forward with the vote. The Dems have no one but themselves to blame, and frankly I suspect this is complete BS. Not too mention, the Dems are very so quiet about one of their own's own problems with well documented domestic violence. I also find Ford's attorney's flip flopping on this issue to quite troublesome as well.

Bobbythegreat likes this.