1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. foh

foh Member

Since you are a part of a tribe (something I have established for myself in our 'Hillary vs Trump acting as a type A' debate), I understand why you don't care for the sanctity of the court and would suggest an impeachment proceeding (that I assume would take a high threshold of proof to start/decide and a 30+ year old case won't have much evidence in the first place - especially when Trump quite obviously is pressuring FBI not to pick up the investigation) rather than trying to resolve this here and now.

I am not advocating for a huge delay as one can quite clearly see if one wasn't blinded by tribal agendas and conspiracies..

Stakes ARE high - Trump's reputation, upcoming elections outcomes, women and the sexual abuse movement potential climax(no pun intended). I wouldn't want all of these things be decided on "he said, she said" type of proceeding.

You have been spouting a lot of unsubstantiated fluff here so far (as many have pointed out), so I won't even ask what agenda and what rights you are referring to above. Tiresome.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was originally reported that she first remembered the incident while in couple's therapy, now it's being reported that she merely never told anyone till then....which makes a lot less sense when you factor in all of the inconsistencies in her different stories the different times it was told. There were times she said there were 4 attackers, then 2, times when she said it happened when she was in her "late teens" and times when she said she was 15, there are things she was eventually very specific about but she doesn't remember basic things like how she got to the party or where it was at, or how she got home. When you factor in the part about her blaming her marital problems on this incident it makes a lot more sense if we're talking about a "false memory" in the form of a "repressed memory" than it does a memory she always had that she just never told literally anyone about for 30 years and then couldn't stop telling everyone she knew about it.

We'll see what she says when she's questioned about it, if she shows up.

I wouldn't feel mad at them unless I thought they were completely making it up to be a dick. Personally I believe that she really thinks it happened and so I'd be sympathetic to her. It doesn't matter if she was attacked by someone else or if the whole thing was a figment of her imagination, invented as a rationale for struggles in her marriage. If someone believes something and is traumatized by it, I feel bad for them.....even, and especially if they are wrong.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who waits 30+ years to cash in their victim card for the sake of a political party who cares not about their plight the second they becomes useless to them.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While it's true, I am "part of a tribe", everyone is, I highly doubt it's one that you think it is. As to not caring for the sanctity of the court, that couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth, it's the reason why I don't support baseless allegations barring a qualified judge from the bench. At the same time, if evidence popped up proving that a SCOTUS justice committed attempted rape, I would want them impeached for it.

You may not be advocating for a "huge delay", but senate Democrats are....they want the confirmation delayed until after the new year in the hopes that they'll pick up enough seats in the senate to deny the confirmation, that's literally the only thing they care about. I see a 36 year old baseless allegation with literally nothing to support it and I see something that is not really worth wasting time over other than allowing the woman to speak her piece on the record and the justice to tell his side of the story. If there were more to the allegation, that would be different.

The reason the Democrats are so upset about this confirmation is that he represents a conservative majority in the SCOTUS for potentially a decade or more meaning that all unconstitutional gun control bills or hate speech legislation they were hoping to pass is DOA. To a lot of Democrats, preventing that is worth any dirty trick they could come up with.

cml750 likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sadly BobbyTheTroll ignores me ...
    Clearly The Troll has never actually spoke to a real live woman. I speculate that Ford spoke about her emotional memory to her therapist (versus reporting a sexual assault crime to a police officer).

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Baseless? U have proof? You were at the party? In the room?

7. foh

foh Member

You sure like making baseless claims while not supporting baseless accusations. It's a free speech country. She gets to accuse him. He gets to deny it. And judiciary committee gets to do the due process to settle this (even your tribe leader agrees on that). The sanctity of the court is not effected by said due process at all.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Baseless in that the allegation is not based on anything credible. There's literally no proof supporting the allegation....hell there's no proof suggesting that there ever was a party to begin with.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never suggested that she doesn't get to accuse him, I'm perfectly fine with her having her chance to testify and answer questions, then have Kavanaugh do the same....then once that is done move on to the confirmation process. I'm pretty sure it's you that wants to change that.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So no sources then.

No Worries likes this.
  11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I haven’t had time to dive deep into the alleged rape accusation, but how did the supposed victim foil the attack?

12. jcf

jcf Member

One report said that BK was trying to take off her one piece bathing suit that was under her clothes. His friend jumped on top of them for some reason (I didn't follow whether he was allegedly joining in or protecting her or just drunk) and she was able to get away.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Her agenda is just delay. If she won't testify Monday then just call the vote and be done with this charade.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That seems like a reasonable request.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to her story, at some point the other guy jumped on top of both of them which sent everyone falling to the ground. She then got up and went to cry in the bathroom before leaving the house and the memory ending.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that even if she believes her story, her goal is to delay the vote as long as possible. I agree, if she won't testify, just have the vote and you'll never hear from her again.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has been very diplomatic with his comments on this. Maybe he will realize everything doesnt have to be a fight and will let cooler heads prevail occasionally.

Feinstein is a joke politician. While the strategy to sit on this ingo was quite bold, there is a decent chance it will backfire in the long run. I am sure that some of our lefties here aren't exactly impressed with this Hail Mary.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not in the least. How would that investigation...despite there not really being anything to investigate, in any way change her testimony? If she wants her side of the story to be heard, here's her one and only opportunity.

18. No Worries

Ford hatched this ingenious plot 6 years ago when she told her therapist about the sexual assault, when Kavanaugh was just a twinkle DJT's eye.

BTW I suspect that Ford is not looking for you to feel sorry for her but to have you know that the Senate may put a sexual assaulter onto the USSC.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. No Worries

Ford wants the FBI to investigate the matter wrt their background check of Kavanaugh, not to prosecute the alleged sexual assault.

Trump can direct the FBI to investigate this, if he so chooses.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

FBI have performed six background checks on Kavanaugh over the years. Also how is this rational? I will only testify about the time Kavanaugh raped me if you promise to run a 7th background check first? that sounds authentic.......

I've never heard of a rape victim using their testimony as leverage to get something they want.

#1040 tallanvor, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018