1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kemah Restaurants [Suggestions]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by distence, Jun 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. distence

distence Contributing Member

any suggestions for Kemah Restaurants besides the Landry Chain restaurants? specifically restaurants on the opposite side of the boardwalk.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

#3 MR. MEOWGI, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  4. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

GOTO Outriggers it is by far my favorite place down there.. Its actually on the Seabrook side.

Food: Really good food all around great burgers to die for onion rings.. Good catfish good all around seafood.. Supposedly good oysters but i dont eat them.

Drinks: Beer on tap from Shiner Miller Bud Light Blue Moon and St. Arnold Amber..... Many more in bottles plus full bar

Atmosphere: It has a large enclosed room a downstairs open area where yachts and personal fishing boats dock constantly to eat... VERY laid back... clothing would be whatever the hell you leave the house in...

Directions: Exit where it says Seabrook Waterfront. Pass the pier 21... take next right... IT IS DIRECTLY UNDER KEMAH BRIDGE....

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like tookies but its kind of overrated. I would be interested to see some other restaurants the locals know about.

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

besides the main ones on the boardwalk. theres only T-Bone Tom's and Tookies. theres also an asian food place on the seabrook side down by DairyQueen. looks like a little house but i heard it's pretty good.
    if you want blue crab there is good BBQ crab on Nasa Road and (forgot the name) but it's across the street from a quiznos.
    if you want fried shrimp Baytown Seafood is by far the best. theres one on main street in baytown and another on 146 in LaPorte. (dunno about others)
    for mexican theres a place in League City called Mely's which also has really good seafood.
    for upscale/expensive they just opened a place on Nasa Road right before you hit 146 (kemah) called Bailey's.
    Pizza there is a place on Nasa Road between CLpark and kemah called Boondoggles

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is Babins still out there?

8. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

yeah, babins, joes, landrys, crab house, saltgrass, aquarium, cadillac bar, flying dutchman. and pappadeaux on the other side with a few small seafood places.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tookies is VERY overrated for what some people say about it. I was disappointed enough that I'm never going back. The Pappadeaux is not as good as the ones in Houston. However, if you sit outside, the view of the boats going in and out is great. We usually go once or twice a year.

None of the restaurants on the boardwalk are all that good, especially the Aquarium which is 100% hype (the one downtown is too). I personally vetoed having our company's Christmas dinner there. I used to like Joe Lee's before they closed it down. The revamped boardwalk is great but the restaurants have suffered a bit.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What's the name of the restaurant right in front of Boondoggles right on Nasa 1? I took a date there a while back and the food was overpriced and downright disgusting. I almost gag a little when I drive close to it.

11. MR. MEOWGI

Joe Lee's is still in business, it just isn't on the water and there is no view. It is good and you get a ton of food (mostly fried). 1108 Marina Bay Dr (Hwy 2094)

Some other places that locals go to but have no view are South Shore Beer Garden, Seabrook Classic Cafe, Hoagie Ranch, T-Bone Tom's, Marios Flying Pizza, and Skipper's.

If you are looking for a real local flavor in bars go to Maribelle's or Buttheads. :D

Regular cheeseburgers at Tookies are nothing extraordinary, It's the specialty burgers (bean burger, stomps) that are great.

12. MR. MEOWGI

It changes all the time.

13. LonghornFan

Many of my friends and family used to hang out at T-Bone Toms every weekend when we kept a boat at Seabrook Shipyard. There were some great live blues bands at night and the beer was pretty cheap. The food, meh. Great laid back open air atmosphere though.

Tookie burgers after a long day of fishing or lounging on the lake while partaking in adult beverages = $$$.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Isn't the Boardwalk pretty ghetto? I would stick to some of the restaurants on Westheimer near the Galleria or maybe in the River Oaks area.

15. updawg

updawg Member

Tookies
    Sundance Grill
    Top water grill (I think thats the name??) in San Leon

16. LonghornFan

One of my favs. Great grilled fish and awesome gumbo.