1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KDur

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mazyar, Jan 11, 2009.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I should probably let A_3PO handle this but.....

He's got plenty of upside, very coachable, good attitude and brings a TON of versatility. He's one of those hybrid 3/4's that have post game, three point range, rebounding ability and have the athleticism/quickness to guard both forward positions. His skill set is very impressive, but overall his versatility is what impresses me more than anything.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Green has had a solid season. He looks and plays like a bigger version of Josh Howard.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ehhh, I don't know if I like that comparison. Howard's transition from a college four to NBA three was very impressive but he's played almost exclusively on the perimeter. Green can effectively play the three but his long term position is the four, IMO. For that reason I think the better comparison is to Jamison.

Edit: I'm not guaranteeing he'll be a star like Jamison. The potential is there but it's hard to tell what role he'll have once Westbrook gets better and if they add a guy like Griffin. Just saying I see plenty of similarities in their game.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Jeff green is going to be a good player. Much better then I thought

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

What's sick is that was my nickname in high school and college, AND I wore #35.

For my first batch of internet passwords, back in 1997 or so, I used "KD35"

Dammit.

6. Chamillionaire

he won't be better than lebron. he reminds me a lot of mac in his toronto and early orlando days. i'd take him over roy though.

7. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

The biggest thing KD has that Lebron doesn't is desire. Now I know Lebron wants to win. However, his main goal has and probably always will be to become a billionaire first and foremost. They've asked him what he wants to do and the thing he said is become the first billionaire athlete. It wasn't to win a championship. Money. KD, like MJ, craves winning. He doesn't want anything else. He's a gym rat because all he thinks about is basketball...improving himself so that he can win and help his team more. Its a stark difference in mindset. That might be what allows KD to match Lebron later in his career. Honestly, Lebron's physical gifts matched with equal intensity would allow him to challenge MJ.

8. mazyar

mazyar Member

My boy, KDur had another above average game tonight as the Thunder beat the Jazz.

As I said before, they are winning more games lately. I'll be keeping track of his games from this point on.

Also, J.Green had an even better game than KD.

9. Classic

Classic Member

I think Durant leads the league in scoring in the 10/11 campaign and is #2 or #3 next year. That guy is legit. BB, the sky is the limit for this guy for sure.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They won again tonight. I think Yoyo (or whoever it was) is on to something because the Thunder have won 5/9 since starting out 3-29. KD had 32 points on 14/21 from the field and destroyed the Pistons. It was close until Detroit missed their first couple of shots in the 4th quarter and then just quit trying. Seems like the same kind of problems they had last year.

KD's stats for January: 25.4/8.1/3.0 on 50.3% and 42.9% from long range.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I was just watching the Detroit/Thunder game. He can flat out score, takes shots from all over the floor and makes 'em all. He shot 67% on 14/21 and most of the shots were jumpers, he's a special player much better than Oden and should have been the #1 last year.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Even if its just athlete-speak, it comes off sincere enough that he's realistic about what it takes to truly be considered a star.

13. lalala902102001

Durrant's shooting percentage has certainly been impressive. However, I'm sorry to say this: when your team has 7 wins on the season, you don't deserve a nick name.

His time will come, but for now he is still just Kevin Durrant, a second year player who can't make his team a winner.

14. mazyar

mazyar Member

That was me thank you very much.
    He has made his team a winner the last 2 games. Too much to ask from a 20 year old?

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Considering he played for PJ Carlesimo, who was a sorry excuse for a head coach, and for an undertalented team, I don't hold KD responsible for their record at all.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

That would have been so sick. :eek:

17. BrooksBall

Anybody watching Durant tonight?

Yet another highly efficient shooting night.

He's also looking to be a playmaker tonight more than I've seen in the past and I'm not just saying that because of the 5 assists.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is a 95% chance I drop U-Verse by next October if they don't pick up NBA TV.

19. BrooksBall

I thought you watched a lot of games? Do you watch online?

By the way, Durant was something like 10-15 FG, 3-4 3PT, 7-7 FT at the time of my last post. Wade was just too much and stopped the Thunder comeback.

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Then that team would have a player from OU, OSU, and UT.

:eek:

Desmond Mason will have to suck it up if Blake Griffin gets drafted to the Thunders (oh god).