1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

None of these are good for the Spurs, but the Heat and Blazers trades are awful. Wow.

I want the Lakers trade to happen so I can see the Kardashians of basketball (the Balls) interact with the Spurs organization. Basketball's dumbest and loudest vs basketball's brightest and most disciplinarian.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont trust a guy who just sat out an entire year. Chronic quad issues arent great. He’s had them for a while and it seems to only be getting worse. Plenty of fans are acting as if its assumed he will be fine without issue next year.

He could be completely fine and be an all star for the next 5-10 years but nobody knows either way. My point is that I dont believe he is a guy worth taking a chance on for the rockets.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah missing the whole year is a significant red flag to me as well. there was obviously drama from both sides regarding this. not advocating a move for him or anything. Just saying we'll probably need to see him play to see if he really does have any long term effects, especially after an entire offseason to add

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I been thinking . . . POP is not going to give up Kwahi without getting alot back

Rocket River

napalm06 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danny Green:

https://www.poundingtherock.com/201...pnsa-rumors-tension-kawhi-leonard-tony-parker

When asked if Tony and Kawhi can function on same team after Parker‘s quad comments:

Of course. I mean, come on, they functioned for so many years before that, and what he said was taken out of context for sure. It was not meant to be a shot at Kawhi or anything like that, it was just Tony talking or rambling, and something just came out where it sounded that way.

Does Kawhi know that?

Sure, he knows that. We’re not a team that beats like that. They‘re definitely on speaking terms. They’re fine. They can play together just fine. Tony knows that. He‘s had to take a back seat for a couple of years now, and Kawhi’s been the guy. There’s no problem with that, and they can play together just fine. They know that we need Kawhi, and Kawhi knows that we need Tony and everybody else on good terms, on good cylinders, and to make sure everybody’s healthy. We’ve won a championship together, and that included Tony and Kawhi. Everybody knows the team is bigger than individual stuff. That’s in the past now, I’m sure they can function just fine.

If Kawhi signs a supermax deal, is any healing needed in the locker room?

No, there’s never any issues in our locker room. There’s no healing process needed. Our characters, our egos, the types of personalities we have...the Spurs do a good job of recruiting good people. Nobody has hostility or animosity or any tension between each other. We just play basketball. Everybody’s very professional.

Odds of LeBron joining Spurs:

When I was in Cleveland, I had no idea he was leaving there. I doubt he would share with me now what his mind is, but percentage-wise, obviously most San Antonio fans are hopeful. Even the guys on the team are hopeful, but percentage-wise I don’t know how much he would adapt to the city. I know he‘d love the fans, but I know he‘s the kind of guy if he were to leave Cleveland, it would be for a Miami or LA or a bigger city or bigger market, if I had to assume. But I couldn’t tell you, I have no idea...Yeah I know about 2 percent of what’s going on. I have no idea where his mind is.

There were plenty of other topics discussed, including his own future:

I’m close to making a decision. I just talked to my agent today. We’re trying to figure out a couple of things, but we’re trying to see what the best situation is for me. Right now the market is very different. It’s probably not the best summer to be a free agent. Last summer or the summer before was the best summer to be up when the TV money hit, and teams were giving out a good amount of money. This summer coming up, it’s a different story, but I have about two weeks to make a final decision, and I‘ll probably make my decision within the next week or so.

Vivi likes this.
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Sham bomb

jakedasnake and Vivi like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Uh oh. Lakers on the comeback?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

I.D.I.O.T.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Nice! Blow up the spurs! Maybe we can get Danny Green on a cheap deal.

12. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Hes going fo lakers with lebron and George. Dont get excited

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Sean Elliot getting his own Karma, Sean defended Kawhi saying Kawhi is staying,now looking like a liar.
    Michelle Beadle how much do you love Kawhi Now? Is he your MVP now?

#676 rockets1995, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought yesterday he was signing a supermax contract.