1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bologna. Lamarcus is a finesse player that shoots fadeaway. They wish he can post up and hook shot but he lacks core strentgh. Heavy add deadlifts=sheer strength.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Can't believe Leonard won't even sit on the bench with the team.

ramotadab and Jontro like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude thinks differently. I'm guessing some players broke that trust first, and he feels justified doing it.

Very passive aggressive, but it fits his silent as **** MO.

Vivi, hakeem94 and durvasa like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yep. And I laughed when Reggie Miller was saying that Kawhi should be with the team to be a locker room presence for the young guys on the team. What on Earth has Kawhi Leonard shown in his career to suggest he can contribute as a locker room voice? Not everybody is wired the same.

Kawhi sitting on the bench to “support the team” really achieves nothing. Either way, the media attention on him not playing would be a distraction.

Jontro, faraza84 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't know man.....the way Tony Parker called him out to the media is a pretty shitty look. I wouldn't blame Kawhi for wanting out of that place ASAP. One thing they've shown in this entire situation is that the Spurs don't necessarily have problems making Kawhi look bad to fans.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They have trashed Kawhi too much it's disgusting. Parker and Gino have bad mouthed him and after Pop last night I'd be furious if I were Kawhi's camp. If they wanted to poke the bear and him him an excuse to not sign anything but the super max they just gave it to him. They did nothing to hold back the press blasting him.

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kawhi's making himself look bad, not the Spurs. He quit on the team for an entire season. Won't even show up to support them or release even a message on social media giving even a vague detail about what's going on. Are we to expect the Spurs not to be frustrated?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The other thing people need to remember is that this is probably it for guys like Manu and Parker(at least with the Spurs). This was their last shot at a title and Kawhi is robbing them of that by bailing on the team.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Red Nation RGV

Kawasaki just being a lil biatch... oh man my boss upset me at work and I don't like my co-workers, let me stay home and not call in but still get my check... wait my ass would get fired haha

10. Invisible Fan

The media labeled Kawhi-sis is clever.

I'm tooting my own Kawhi-me with his face planted on Eeyore's body.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I feel bad for Manu but Parker cheated on his wife with a teammates wife. He doesn't need any sympathy.

Little Bit likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

You lost me at ego management. In the prime of their careers, Parker and Ginobili could easily have clamored to be the 1b and 1c to Duncan's 1a. But they didn't, because the system / Pop's coaching reined them back.

Now, the one time that the Spurs have a problem with a superstar, you think it's Pop's fault that Kawhi doesn't care to be part of the team? Kawhi has had all season to "get right," and not only did Kawhi not comply with Spurs' doctors, but he hired his own medical consultants and has a support group around him, so that he basically remains isolated from the team.

Everyone is allowed a second opinion, and it's the player's prerogative to not be forced into playing, but everything about the situation seems suspect. With all that said, this doesn't seem like it's Pop's fault at all. You can argue that Pop should remain professional, and not take any potshots at his players (if what he said was even a slight at Kawhi), but it's pretty frustrating to have your best player be out, while being blown out by the same team in the first round, twice.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kashi--tmac--royce

all all-time epic quitters, all born in the year of the sheep.

hakeem94, Roomba, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Kawhi and his Group want Kawhi to be in a big market city playing for a big market team (LA or NY) and are holding SA hostage until he gets that trade. SA can't accuse him of quitting on the team because he has his own doctor that can claim he's still injured. So Kawhi is going to either get his wish and get traded at which point they're going to be like "Kawhi has finally recovered from his quad injury and there is no more pain" or SA is going to refuse to trade him at which point they'll say, "Kawhi has had setbacks in his recovery and isnt 100%" and he'll be doing his "recovery" in NY for all of next season like he's doing now. Either way, You're not going to see Kawhi playing in a Spurs uniform again. Not going to fault him for taking his own future into his own hands, but at the same time that doesn't mean he's not a shady little b**** who isn't earning his millions while his teammates are struggling and he could be the absolute difference maker against GS. Will be the first to eat crow if he does re-sign with the Spurs, but thats how I see it as things currently stand.

#534 Entropy, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  15. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

White privilege is real, and Pop is telling the truth. San Antonio being diverse means what exactly?

Shut up, and educate yourself.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think he simply can't do much to stop the Warriors for 48 minutes, which isn't exactly shocking if you consider their roster and the fact that they don't win a road game from months (which is very strange btw), they have no rim protection, their backcourt defense is weak without Kawhi, Green is getting old, Murray is long and probably already a good factor but can't shoot to save his life, i think it's just very hard to stop for an entire game guys like Durant, Thompson when you have to play Mills, Parker, Gay, Forbes, Ginobili (which might be their second best defender as today lol) while having LMA or Pau in the paint -> if they're not caught in a switch on the perimeter. I'm curious to see what they will do at home though, i think they might win one game but eh...

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

If the spurs take at least two games, I imagine the crowd will turn even more against KY

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kawhi is a locker room cancer

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

His uncle might think much higher, but he's more like second hand smoke...the silent killer.

hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.