1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG's contradictions: 1 out of ***

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Apr 8, 2007.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Yesterday, JVG says the players don't get it. They don't want it bad enough. They have to work their butts off and continually look to improve and get better.

Then, he contradicts himself by punishing random players (that, for a lack of a better word, he hates on) harshly when their ineffective for what... 5 minutes of game action in the last 3 weeks? How can you expect players to WANT something and WORK towards that goal when they have to continuously watch over their backs to make sure the coach isn't in a poopy mood. How can a player play to their potential (ignoring the strong-minded players--i.e. wade, kobe, etc) and continually improve when the coach magnifies their mistakes and punishes them harshly for human mistakes?? ON TOP OF THIS, he gives rafer numerous minutes after bone-headed passes and shots... COME THE F ON!!

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Classic blame it on someone else when I'm getting desperate.

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

It's really not who WANTS it anymore.. it's who will listen to me and execute.. on DEFENSE... HAHAHA funny guy. and his continual messing to obtain defensive execution is destroying our offensive flow.

4. McGradySNKT

Is it really about offense?

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i'm not getting desperate .... and nothings classic about my comment.. think about it before you speak.

and please justify this desperation you claim I have.. shouldn't it be t-mac and yao that are desperate.. or JVG?? but he gives his players no chance to be themselves... then how can they succeed? I could care less.. I don't get paid to coach a team. i will cheer for them regardless.. maybe you are desperately naive.

6. McGradySNKT

Im talking about assistant coach Gundy.

7. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I like what he does. He goes with what works out there. Bonzi can't handle double teams. See what JVG did????? He even had SNYYYYYYYYDER out there in the game tonight. Only for 2-3 minutes but he had Snyder and Bonzi play in the same game. It looks like our old Van Gumby is finally changing his ways.........

Don't get too happy though.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We still complain after wins? Man.....

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

in which case i apologize.. i'm in attack mode after seeing the way gundy runs his rotation these last couple of games..

that, among other things, and things that cannot be fixed anymore.

i.e. losing mike james, not letting bonzi develop over the regular season, and not getting in t-mac's face and telling him to stop smiling after missed free throws and being a little p*ssy who doesn't have enough mental drive to not make excuses.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

if jvg can complain, so can i. i'll stop when i feel like our team isn't "accidentally" winning.

down the stretch, when our players become decisive, i'll be happy, regardless of win or loss. i just can't stand watching plays, for example, where rafer passes an open shot (because he lacks confidence?? come on man) and dribbles in to throw the ball off another guy with 7 seconds on the clock.

11. McGradySNKT

Im not a fan of his anymore. I don't think he knows how to use what he has the best way, and he absolves blame from himself far too much. What kind of leadership is that again.

12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

dictatorship???

and i apologize for my last mcgrady comment. i love him to death and it's not my fault that JVG does too.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

This thread smells like r****ded.

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

maybe you could explain why you disagree instead of making irrelevant cracks at the topic

15. McGradySNKT

Well, a little, but raving about defense constantly, you can be a good defensive coach.

Being able to put the entire package together is another thing, in this case he cannot. Give me a Pop type coach, even Larry Brown. Yes he'd blast his players, but he wouldnt let McGrady be anything less than stellar because his coaching doesnt hinge on one player. He's not afraid to kick someone in the behind and point out the problems and FIX them.

16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

yeah.. but t-mac needs more pampering than other stars.. his success, to me, is really chance and "in the moment". It's not consistent like kobe's is. he should work on playing in the now, and not letting past shots affect his persona and confidence on the floor.

and yeah.. i blame jvg for not telling him this, but being able to analyze everything else that is basically irrelevant compared this the former point.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe the poor little babies need a ba-ba to make them feel better. Dont forget to powder their little bottom while your at it.

punishes harshly? does jvg have a dungeon of pain? if these grown ass men cant take the truth then how will they handle any kind of pressure situations? these arent jr. high players.

18. ekim

ekim Member

The reason he plays Rafer is because hes the only one on the team who can bring it up court without turning the ball over... Don't even mention VSpan or Lucas, they got their own problems to solve in pratice before they can go on court. Bonzi sucked last 2 games... you can't blame JVG for not playing him more minutes.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

It's hard to judge someones play when they only get 5 minutes on the court. How many times has Bonzi played with T-Mac and Yao.

20. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Well if you watched the video he was basically calling out his starters and rotation players; not the bench warmers.

And quite frankly he is correct. They are playing very lazy ball and would appear to be coasting at various points in the games.

Athletes have egos the size of Texas, the good ones step up their games when challenged and the mediocre ones pout and fade away.