1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that'll be the narrative at least. It's really just doubling down on what Hillary started in calling everyone who didn't support her "deplorable". Right now "demonize the opposition" is pretty much the only thing going.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It depends on whether you think Trump will win out in the party. If he does and he proves effective at defeating republicans in their primaries (Senate races/House etc.) it could well move the pendulum that way.

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It always cracks me up when li’l bobby talks about other people being “triggered”. Dude has over 37,000 posts in 4 years, just on this BBS alone. It’s pretty clear that he’s triggered by oxygen.
    [​IMG]

CometsWin likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So lets take a look at how the Trump circle merit-based access came about?

To State the Obvious, the Trump Administration’s New Affection for “Merit-Based” Policies Is Deeply Ironic
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...erit_based_admissions_immigration_system.html

pirc1 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The demonization has nothing at all to do with Trump, it's just what people do when they can't win on the issues. Trump or no Trump the narrative that everyone who disagrees with Democrats is evil in some way is something they'll continue to push because it's all they know after what is now a decade of nothing but the politics of demonization and divisiveness from the jackass party.

That's not to say the Republicans are innocent of this kind of thing, far from that in fact, it's just that we've been getting a lot more of it from the Democrats the last decade or so.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It always cracks me up when feeble minded people like you opt for ignorant trolling over trying to make a salient point about a topic. If you aren't intelligent enough to debate the topics, you'd do well to either remain silent or stick to different forums.

Of course I say this knowing that you aren't smart enough to take my advice, but it's worth a try.

That said, what's REALLY funny about this is that I just got done making a post about those who can't win on the issues resorting to merely demonizing anyone who disagrees with them, and you step up with a perfect example of it.

You kids go out of your way to prove me right so often.

#46 Bobbythegreat, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

triggered

8. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I don't think it's dependent on Trump winning anymore.
    The Overton window has been moving to the right because of information that wasn't available without the internet.
    The right (alt-right) is now the intellectual party as the left once was when pushing semi-acceptable progressivism.
    That's why all the left can do to debate is to not debate at all and you see this at colleges when right wing guests are shut down; and why
    they're trying to **** with free speech.
    Because the lefts ideas don't stand up to scrutiny

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Isn't the basis of non-discrimination that people should not be discriminated against based on their race, sex or religion regardless of what those happen to be? It sounds like that is the policy that the Trump administration is trying to implement here.

Surely only someone who is bigoted against people of a certain race, sex or a religion would be opposed to seeing justice meted out equally on these criteria. Amiright?

I sure hope we don't have any of those nasty sort of people here in this forum.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The ideas of closet klan members aren't any kind of scrutiny that need to be confronted. Rejecting racist horseshit usd to be common sense until snowflake white nationalism made a comeback.

#50 CometsWin, Aug 2, 2017
    JayGoogle likes this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The irony of white nationalists implementing a racist educational system from k-12 and then attacking the attempted remedy to that system at the college level. Ho ho ho.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for yet again proving me right about you. Now move along kiddo, grown folk are trying to talk.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The Sophie's choice of American education.

Either side with the racists and the sexists obsessed with culture wars more than results or side with the theocrats eager to let capitalism and Jesus run the classroom.

We are so boned.

mdrowe00 and JayGoogle like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

See @txtony post, same information.

Republicans, Conservatives, believe that whites face more discrimination than every other group...except for Transgender people funnily and ironically enough.

As for the rest of your post, I disagree. I think most conservatives reject white nationalism, they just are scared to do so publically...but if forced to do so they will do it.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, no.

You're right, more information is available on the internet. Problem is, that information is available to the dumb and naive as well.

What happens is people like yourself create little echo chambers on the internet. Whether they be Stormfront, /pol, or some clearly racist subreddit, and you build your walls around your chambers and make sure no facts or contrary studies penetrate. You all circle-jerk away at your open racism, sexism, and in general xenophobic ideas and fool yourselves into thinking you're some silent majority, or that you're being really edgy and thinking outside of the box!

You all are really no different than Flat-Earthers and it's more of them running around also thanks to the internet. I think that's the issue, too many people think everything on the internet is true and then they search for their own truth.

You can build a solid case for Bigfoot existing with a simple premise of "Every link I post is fact and anything that contradicts it is liberal agenda or worst...JEWISH AGENDA!"

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL irony....

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sorry breh, both sides do it, to be sure...but it's far more prevalent on the right than the left.

Just look at the size of said echo chambers I mentioned. There are various extremely sexist subreddits on reddit that are pretty sizeable.

You also have PLENTY of people on the left that denounce such 'Safe Spaces'

With conservatives, they are more worried about the term racist than actual racism. That's what terrifies them the most, just someone using the word racist.

Edit:
    I mean, look. My point is proven in the micro here.

We have someone in this thread that is a self-admitted white nationalist and made a post that implied that white women should just focus on reproducing with white males...

But it will all be vastly ignored by those on the right here because @CometsWin dared to call someone racist

#57 JayGoogle, Aug 2, 2017
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, seriously? As in he said that not joking or being sarcastic?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh yeah, jcee is big on that stuff.

You can of course link back to that thread to see the full discussion in context.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sure it's not the most ideal policy but it's better than the alternative, where all prestigious schools are filled with white men and asian/indian people. Because what happens in college? People make connections and those connections lead to jobs down the line. Heck most Ivy Leagues are already a place where the rich elite mingle with one another, and continue to pat one another on the back once they graduate. If AA was curtailed, there will be an even bigger divide between the elite and the rest of the very diverse public of the USA.