1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right, you believe in racist policies so long as they only discriminate against certain groups and they benefit certain other groups. Just own the fact that you support racist policy, have no fear, no one can think less of you than they already do for that position.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We should start with you guys and your White Nationalist Republican Party.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do love that you just stay triggered all the time and it causes you to spout off like this which should embarrass you if you were self aware enough to realize it.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't have a big problem with it. It's still up to the courts to decide the merits of the case.

5. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Excellent point.
    Maybe they'll start reproducing more white babies instead of getting useless degrees/careers.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who knows? Maybe they'll just make more mixed babies to piss people like you off.

7. jcee15

We'll just have to take that chance.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with @Bobbythegreat that all racism is bad.

I'm glad that Donald Trump has stepped into the arena to FINALLY be the champion for white people.

[​IMG]

Minorities have been the dominant force in the American education and work spaces for too long. Trump will finally be the hero for white folks and give us a fighting chance out there!

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See, you say that.....and then you go on to make it seem like you don't think that all racism is bad.

You're sending a mixed message here.

Do you or do you not truly believe that all racist policy is bad? There's been people here already admit that they support racist policy so long as it only discriminates against certain groups and so long as it benefits certain other groups, if that's how you feel, you should feel free to admit it. You won't be alone in supporting racism on these boards, you can stand with TheRealist137 and probably a few others on the issue. Hell I'm sure there will be more to boldly stand up for racism with him as time goes on.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem is the GOP and a lot of its people do not seem to reject this part of their party and love to ignore it exists.

Not embarrassing for him, we all see that this is a chunk of your current party to influence the demographics of America.

I mean soon after your post...

There are also polls that show white conservatives, specifically Trump voters... are now the group 'whining' about racism and discrimination.

[​IMG]

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well obviously it's not embarrassing for him, he lacks the intelligence and self awareness to be embarrassed by his stupidity. Referring to the entire Republican party as "white nationalists" is a pants on head r****ded caliber comment.....but merely par for the course when it comes to that particular poster.

Also, I guess I still need to point out to some here that the Republican party is not my "current party". Then again, facts never seem to matter to some it seems.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yep, it really is tough for wealthy white people to get into schools...

As Trump takes aim at affirmative action, let’s remember how Jared Kushner got into Harvard
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/2/16084226/jared-kushner-harvard-affirmative-action

SamFisher likes this.
  13. jcee15

Those that reject White Nationalism in the Conservative party will be gone in less than 10 years.
    The political landscape is identity politics and if that's not at the top of your ideology other parties will tear your individualism up.

Also cited Huffington Post. Can't into arguing that.

Jared Kushner is Jewish.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You can let people get into schools like UT easier that are black or Hispanic. If you want to go and check the ethnic makeup of the different engineering programs though, you will find next to none, and for that matter not many white people either.

Something more needs to be done from the beginning not just the end of the education cycle.

15. jcee15

From article..... "Supporters and critics of the project said it was clearly targeting admissions programs that can give members of generally disadvantaged groups, like black and Latino students, an edge over other applicants with comparable or higher test scores."

Generally disadvantaged groups....... Now that's an implicit admission by the New York Times lol

16. amaru

amaru Member

If you are suggesting that this is all women are good for, then I'll be inclined to disagree.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Affirmative action protects religious minorities as well.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how that makes it any better. Are we to believe that racism is a good thing if it helps those deemed "generally disadvantaged" whatever the hell that means?

I guess it's no surprise that people will stand up to support racism when they demonize those who are being discriminated against.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

@jcee15 may very well be right that you will either be a White Nationalist or a Democrat in 10 years.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't be a surprise, but still shocking to see that Republican think that White faces much more discrimination than Black. And as usual, Asian don't exist.

[​IMG]