1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just on CNBC: Tilman might be forced to sell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He wouldn’t need the 15% loan if that were the case.

2. Icehouse

If Tillman has no $$ then how bad is that for UH?

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Already quoted but the money shot in that Bloomberg article was that, in Bloomberg's records, this was the biggest spread from LIBOR for a offering from a company not already in bankruptcy. @Jake Tower calling it DIP financing was hitting the nail on the head. This is the sort of thing you throw together around the time you file the bankruptcy petition and start the clock.

LOL at the first priority lien secured assets for the debt being some 'online gaming interests' Is he Bovada or something? He's got to sell something, and fast, just to get the scratch to cover the juice on that debt. What do you think people will buy right now, besides the Rockets?

I actually think the poster who mentioned the NBA potentially stepping in and buying the team, has some merit. The NBA will do anything to prevent a comp sale existing that suggests teams are only worth 1 billion, not 2 or more.

He's done.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, I still think he may get the loan from the $500B slushfund that Trump now can manage in secret. That I would presume would have a much lower interest rate.

5. justinh

justinh Member

closing this post and clutchfans out for now.........enough ridiculous bs like this

derp and ipaman like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'll see you in the unemployment line bro, you'll be the guy standing way too close to everyone else I gather.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Selling the team is good For nba, good for Houston and good for fans.

Why not?

He can’t afford paying Gordon and Tucker unless he borrows money.

8. HROZ

HROZ Member

I said he never called the China travel ban xenophobic.

Biden has said many times Trump is a xenophobe, because he is. (Charlottesville / Birther etc)

Biden is just making the point, we need someone we can trust, not someone with Trump's history.

9. TilmanFinancialWindfall

[​IMG]

10. Section123row16seat1

That’s clearly a doctored video

none of those people said any of those things.

11. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

For cryin' out loud, it's not about player payroll. Mostly. Though payroll doesn't help. If it were about payroll, then it would be about him not affording Harden or Westbrook's deals, not guys lower on the food chain.

His financial problems or solvency are totally unrelated to how well the team does competitively. They have nothing to do with how efficiently the team wins basketball games. They do have to do with whether he can service his financial obligations. That's a question of how much money does he have coming in, and whether he can delay/defray those financial obligations.

When you're pawning your companies and needing 15 percent juice to find a buyer, that tells me he doesn't have enough coming in. The 1/4 year salary he owed both Tucker and Gordon, about 7 million USD, rounding up, isn't even budget lint in this analysis.

12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Why is this in a discussion of how Fertitta is broke?

xiki likes this.
  13. Icehouse

I thought that fund still had panel congressional oversight?

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am talking about next season. Tilman would let Tucker walk and make a salary dump trade for Gordon.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  15. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

If Fertitta makes next season as Rockets owner, it'll be amazing.

I don't think you understand just how unprecedented floating bonds with this kind of outrageous interest really is. At a time when interest rates are at historic lows. Businesses just don't do this unless they REALLY need the money, and/or feel they'll be able to pay those potentially huge obligations off rapidly.

Worrying about who he'll cut next year is like a car accident victim with spurting arteries thinking, 'You know, I could really use a tummy tuck next year. I'm not getting any younger...' But sure, should he remain Rockets owner, there'll probably be some cost cutting. Gordon is as good as gone, and no way Tucker gets extended.

17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Jeez, the players are probably as bad off as Fertitta. So, the League is not only talking about hanging onto salaries for the non-played games, but recouping other monies as well? LOL.

Oh, to be a bankruptcy lawyer now...

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump already said he was going to ignore the congressional oversight, and he just fired the IG appointed to it.

If I were Tilman, I'd jump on that real quick.

20. Possum

Possum Member

You’re a moron.