1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just a quick note....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

and this is a little off topic but is related to roster moves, I guess. I was talking to my boy at the Rockets about some moves (The Stromile talks that I posted about before) and he says he's listening for some action. However, the funny thing is how he starts going off about some New Years Eve promotion. He says how the Rockets are doing one of the most legit promotions is their history. I think they're giving away a freaking truck that night!

Anyway, he was saying because we're slumping and because we're not making any moves, that the odds of somone winning this promotion is 1-300 if you go with your family.

Not sure why I find this so fascinating but the Rockets are actually doing a legit - legit giveaway (Which intrigues me to no end). I know people give away things but it always seems to benefit the team. But he said this is so freaking legit that it makes them nervous because they're having these type of BIG giveaways all year long. Supposedly, they are simply going to have like 5 people picked, they get a key and someone has a car that night. Can you imagine somone from CC.NET actually winning that freaking truck?

Well, sorry for the rant about this but when I hear someone tell me that if you show up, you could win a car, well...sorry, it intrigues me. I guess it was just his tone like, "The Rockets fans have NO IDEA all the stuff we're doing and this truck thing is scary because we're biting the bullet on the giveaway!" I guess there's some legal jargon there or something...anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there. I need to get Clutch a new ride. He keep riding by my house with his window rolled down, yelling at the honeys and all I can hear is RATT, DOKKEN and KISS!

2. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Nice to hear from ya Doc! Please keep the info comin'! ;)

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

OK, for those of you that don't know, Doc's messages are sometimes cryptic so let me break it down for you. We are getting TJ Ford (truck), and he'll be "promoted" to our starting guard position by New Years Eve.

Apparently he has a 1-300 which translates into a one year 3 million dollar deal which makes sense becuase the Bucks have exercised a one year option.

Yeah Doc, you can fool some of the people some of the time...

:cool:

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Sweet! Might just have to get some tickets for that game...

BTW, I just looked and it is on Rockets.com. Free Tundra will be given away.

5. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

LOL. That's really creative. :)

6. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

It was mentioned during the radio broadcast of the past two games. They're giving keys to, I think, the first 5000 people showing up for Dec. 31's home game against the Warriors. Someone's driving away in a Toyota Tundra.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nothing but the Rockets promotion plug in there. :p

I wouldn't attend another game of the Rockets if I could, until we get Yao back.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Damn, should be a sellout, I know i have tix!!

As Always, thanks Doc!!

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Maybe I'm just really tired, but how is there a 1 in 300 chance of winning if there are roughly 15,000 people in attendance?

10. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

If you are a part of the Kemp Family...

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL, Good one!!!

12. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Your buddy is exaggerating by a whole lot. If it's the first 5,000, getting a chance, and the average family has 4 members. Then that would be: 5,000 people divided by 4 chances = 1,250. Still, 1 in 1,250 is pretty low odds. So it's easy to win a Toyota truck than $3 in the texas lotto!

13. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Ok, Doc's post also seems weird to me. This promotion wasn't a secret, so why the long post about a truck give away? This post can't really be about a truck. Who's good at decipering Doc's messages? Why are RATT, DOKKEN, and KISS all written in caps? There's got to be more to this.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

RATT, DOKKEN, KISS - 3 80's rock groups.

One of the members of Dokken was George Lynch.

If you punch in those three names in Google and scroll down, New Jersey is listed halfway down.

Maybe George Lynch signed and a trade to NJ???

15. cmiller

Maybe, but Doc sounds much to excited for this to be about George Lynch.

16. jopatmc

Yeah, a big trade with NJ bringing in RJ and sending out some of our expirings (old car) and then a roster spot opened up for Lynch??

just a wild guess.

speculation is rampant on espn board of a big deal going down with NJ for RJ.

17. cmiller

That would be an awesome deal, however; doesn't RJ play the same position (SF) as TM? Doesn't sound like A:NJ would ever part with him, and B:we need a player at that position.

18. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Doing an anagram all I've come up with so far is TRADE IS

That leaves us with these letters...TOKKNK

19. cmiller

Wow, not sure what all that means.

20. jopatmc

TO KNICKS