1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 24] Who do you plan on voting for?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Brando2101, Jul 24, 2016.

?

[July 24] Who do you plan on voting for?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2016.
  1. Republican: Trump/Pence

11 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. Democrat: Clinton/Kaine

21 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. 3rd Party

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. I do not plan on voting.

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Voting open for a week. It'll be interesting to see how this might shift in time. My guess is that this poll skews more republican than national polls.

EDIT: I should have added an option for undecided. Sorry.

I suggest followup polls after each debate:
    Monday, September 26, 2016
    Sunday, October 9, 2016
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016

and a last one a week before the election.

#1 Brando2101, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As of today, if I vote, it'll be for Gary Johnson. I've long considered voting for Hillary as a protest to Trump, but I just can't.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

me too and me neither.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Nice poll. Way to leave out independent candidates.

/unitedstatesofamerica

5. TheresTheDagger

Need an undecided category. I truly am undecided at this point. (First time ever for me...its weird)

6. cml750

cml750 Member

Bobby, I hate Trump probably just as much as you do, maybe more. You have to think of the ramifications of this election with the SCOTUS appointments. The new presidents gets one right out of the gate which could have major implications to decisions made in the future whether they actually interpret the laws as they stand as they are supposed to do or legislate from the bench. Trump did post his SCOTUS list which is the ONLY reason I will vote for him. If a liberal, legislate from the bench idiot is appointed, you can kiss this country goodbye!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am voting for $Hillary, and I would have voted for Bernie if he won. If Kaisch had won, I'd probably vote for him over the both.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do you feel about Obama's nomination Garland who has just forever waiting to become a Justice?

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

This much I know. I will not vote for Trump, and I will not vote for Hillary. I despise both of them.

1 person likes this.
  10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Don't know...might be the first time in my life not to vote...certainly would never cast a vote for hillary.Trump is probably too stupid to do any real damage... bad times ahead either way

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who's doing better among young people?

Trying to figure out who has a bigger motive to suppress voter turnout. Traditionally it's been Republicans but with Trump vs Hillary I'm not so sure.

12. TheresTheDagger

Neither is doing well with young voters at the moment. If I had to GUESS, I'd say Trump is probably doing slightly better simply because so many young folks were Bernie supporters. Now with the betrayal they feel the Hillary controlled DNC has done to them, I feel most will stay home...many will go to the Green/Libertarian party...and a few will vote for Trump as a big middle finger to the DNC and Hillary.

But...its July. That's a LONG time from November. As usual, the debates will be key.

13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If it looks like it's pretty much 100% certain that Hillary is going to win, then I'll probably just vote for third party. Don't really want to give her a bump if I don't have to.

If it looks like it will be close, then I'll have no choice but to vote for her...gross. Thanks a lot GOP...look at what you're making me do.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I live in Texas, so my vote won't really matter, but IMO Trump is worse than Hillary. I can't trust that his SCOTUS appointments would be any better than hers no matter what he says now. I just can't vote for him, or anyone on the ballot running for any office that supports him.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Dems get the Senate and Reps the White House I hope the senate refuses to give Trump's selection a vote and wait until the next president.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't be surprising really, Democrats are notorious for their obstructionism when they are the minority party....then they complain about the Republicans doing the same back when they are the majority party.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you have the filibuster count for Bush and Obama??

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I highly doubt it. I think it will be a lot less Republican and a lot more Independent.

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

General Joseph Dunford isn't an option, unfortunately. While he isn't running for the office, he'd be most likely to be in charge of the junta that would secure the country in the event of a coup.

#19 Deji McGever, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Quite the opposite. This board strongly leans left. Internet polls are not a good measure. Groups tend to cluster to their like minded sites.