1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Julian Tavarez's 7th inning "stretch".

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Miguel, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

2. Miguel

Included are:

Beltran HR
    Bagweel At-Bat
    Berkman At-Bat
    Kent At-Bat + "HBP"
    Jules wiping his brow about 800 times.
    Ensberg GIDP.

3. Greg M

Greg M Member

Why can't I get it to play? Is it supported by Win Media Player?

4. Miguel

5. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

rookie BT question:

I could not get any video to play when opening file using Media Player 10. Should I be using a different program to play the file? I had an error stating "Error downloading codec"? Is there a quick fix or do I need to re-install the Azureus software? Thanks.

6. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

The file is encoded with divx but instead of installing divx see if this works for you. Install ffdshow and the ac3 filter from

here.

That should be just about everything you need to play alot of the video files being posted here.

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Oh boo f****** hoo. La Russa is upset we showed Taveras' tantrum on the Jumbotron.

Oct. 18, 2004, 12:11AM

Astros will apologize to Jocketty, La Russa

Cards manager disappointed with tantrum replay
    By JOSE DE JESUS ORTIZ

Astros will apologize to Jocketty, La RussaAstros will apologize to Jocketty, La RussaSt. Louis manager Tony La Russa and general manager Walt Jocketty will receive an apology from the Astros for the Minute Maid Park Jumbotron operator's decision to display the tantrum reliever Julian Tavarez threw after the seventh inning Sunday.

"We exercised poor judgment putting it on our board," said Jay Lucas, Astros vice president of communications. "I will apologize to Tony and Walt tomorrow. It won't happen again."

Tavarez, who gave up Carlos Beltran's game-winning home run in the seventh inning, admitted he lost his composure after giving up the home run in the 6-5 loss to the Astros.

After Beltran's home run, the righthander almost hit Jeff Bagwell in the helmet to complete the four-pitch walk. He bounced a wild pitch on his first offering to Lance Berkman before issuing an intentional walk. He also hit Jeff Kent with a pitch to load the bases.

Tavarez escaped by inducing a double-play grounder from Morgan Ensberg, but he stormed off the mound. In the dugout, he beat up a water cooler and tried to dislodge the dugout phone. Fox caught the tirade and aired it nationally, but La Russa wasn't happy to see the replay on Minute Maid Park's big screen.

"Well, I think ever since I've been around, since 1996 (with the Cardinals), the Astros are a classy organization as anything I've met in the National League," La Russa said. "But even Sinatra clears his throat, and I think that was below their standards and that was disappointing."

When informed of La Russa's comments, Astros owner Drayton McLane promised to review the situation.

"I did not see it," McLane said. "If it was not good sportsmanship, we certainly apologize. We'll certainly review that tomorrow. That's like doing some of the replays of where a player makes an error. That's what the fans come to see to be engaged and to be involved in the game. We certainly didn't do it with any ill intentions. It certainly wasn't done to show any disrespect."

I think if a player acts like that, he's simply calling attention to himslef and has no one else to blame for it being shown. If you don't want the fans to see it, throw your tantrum in the tunnel or in the clubhouse.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

i don't get it

this was shown to millions of people across the country ....yet, LaRussa gets upset for showing it to the 41,000 fans at the game, who would have seen it anyway on ESPN???

why isn't LaRussa complaining about Fox?

9. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

LaRussa should've been more upset at Taverez for giving up the go-ahead run, completely melting down and throwing a tantrum afterward.

10. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Another note: If your bullpen phone doesn't work for Tonights game, blame Tavarez.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Piss on the Cardinals, if they don't want to see it on the jumbo tron be an adult and don't throw a tantrum.

THIS IS WAR !!!

Forget them...let's heat this rivalry up a bit.

:mad:

DD

#11 DaDakota, Oct 18, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  12. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

It's really hard to heat up a rivalry using smiley faces.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I think you mean Tavarez's tantrum. Taveras is on our team.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

the best part was, when Tavarez tried to tear down off the phone in the dugout ..........he realized that thing wasn't going anywhere and quickly gave up

lmao

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Yeah, I dont see what the problem is. It isnt the Astros fault that Tavarez acted like an ass. If you dont want people seeing you act like an ass, dont act like an ass in front of 40k people and dozens of nationally televised cameras.

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Tavarez is the devil in a Cards uni....

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good point.

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Hell yeah ... Especially after the pitch that went straight towards Bagwell's head from Tavarez. Whether it was on purpose or not, it makes no difference.

We should show the replay of Tavarez blowing up during the 7th inning stretch tonight on the Jumbotron!

19. Miguel

20. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Thanks! Worked like a charm.